• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do my trades and purchases get handled if I get banned??? Please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do my trades and purchases get handled if I get banned??? Please HELP!

ILuvAriel922

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm very concerned right now because I have recently set up a few trades and purchases on DPF; although I have thought I remained relatively quiet over the last several weeks, since I received my first 2 point infraction, I continue to get hit with these points one right after another for the dumbest reasons in my opinion. In the event that I get temporarily banned how would I go about completing my trades and purchases. I'm sorry, but I find it to be complete BS that if I'm spending essentially HUNDREDS of dollars on merchandise through this forum and that I could potentially be shut off due to this sloppy "power-driven" infraction system. Leaving my money and merchandise in limbo is NOT COOL!

Disney Pin Forum MUST take into account that people have HUGE investments here with money and pins and to just continue to bombard people with points and no warnings or eduaction is just ignorant in my opinion. People don't know what there doing is wrong because each moderator is so subjective to who decides what! There needs to be a universal set of rules because I'd hate to sound like this, but who's to say I'm not receiving infraction after infraction for being openly gay? Or hispanic? Rules need to be applied the same way to everyone! I HAVE RECEIVED NO WARNINGS FOR ANY INFRACTIONS I'VE RECEIVED and I think that is 100% unprofessional and unacceptable! This is not a vent...I'm concerned about my money and my pins! I have open orders totaling to over $100's on here and I refuse to lose that kind of money: as I am not at liberty to! Why do moderator's not respond either? They say you can dispute a given infraction, but I have yet to hear back from 1 moderator in reference to my disputes? Why? I am thinking the worst at this point and it would be really appreciated if I received some CLARIFICATION.

I also would like the contact information of a moderator in the event that I do get banned who can insure my purchases and trades get completed!
Thank you!

P.S. if this is in the wrong section of the forum...how about a mod feel free to be constructive and move it where it belongs. I truly and honestly believe this is a relevant topic to this thread section.

Last edited:
Not to come off as attacking you but maybe to open your eyes a little clearer. First off, your post is not trading related thus you have already shown your ignorance by posting in the market place, which might be a reason why you're racking infraction points. The calling out of moderators doesn't help you much either. They are people as well and you are questioning their authority by calling them out in a public rant. You cannot call out people for being ignorant when you're getting infractions which means you're being ignorant to the rules set, it just doesn't seem right. The best thing to do is just wait for a moderator to contact you back, it may take a while as like I said, they are people too with lives of their own. I don't believe there's much discrimination on these boards regardless of sexual orientation or race. People will like/dislike/help/screw you over based on your actions and how they receive it. So just relax, and be patient. Don't do what you've been doing cause they clearly are getting you in trouble. If anything, exchange emails with your transaction partners and deal with it off the forum. Don't take this as an attack, but more an eye opener. Have a good day.

On another note...this really has me feeling a certain way now. I really feel like I'm not wanted here, I feel like I'm disliked and like the moderators really have it out for me. As I've mentioned to the moderator in an email, if they or ANYONE for that matter, no longer wish for me to be here I will gladly leave and take my pin trading needs elsewhere. This forum has really been more a headache for me than anything despite the fact that I have made some really great friends. The drama spurts and lack of respect is not going to change by moderators dishing out points for the most mundane reasons. We're told all the rules must be enforced with everyone "including their friends," but clearly there is no discretion being used at all! Some of these points are just being giving out without taking into account the reasoning and for the dumbest reasons they are still given. I don't know...now I'm completely petrefied to post anything, as I don't want to risks get another point, which will lead to a ban.

Especially, while I have open orders with other DPF members and I have hundreds of dollars of my money sitting in someone else's PayPal as a gift with no way of me getting into contact with them to retrieve it if I get banned: yet another issue DPF neglects to address. Why allow "gifts" if this is a very real outcome that can happen and has happened? I don't know about everyone else, but I CANNOT afford to lose hundreds of dollars. NOR DO I THINK ITS FAIR for anyone to prevent you from completing a trade in which you may have sent out a piece of merchandise which, may or may not, total to a few hundred dollars if not THOUSANDS! Who sits there and gets pleasure out of issuing point infractions? Someone is taking their job way to literally and seriously. Someone should step in a take the authoritative position. Yes, the site is huge and requires help, but ultimately infractions need to be given by 1 PERSON who makes the FINAL decision. I've seen moderators even have conflicting opinions and yet even they are unsure of the decision making process at times. This is just so unorganized...I hope things change...maybe I'll create an alternate account like other people who get banned just to ensure that I am not completely shut off from DPF if I need to contact other members I have open trades or purchases with. I was told by GRIM IN PERSON at the Jersey Pin Trading Event, sorry to reference you buddy :), that there is no ruling or decision that has been made on that matter so I guess that's essentially one's only option in that case.

Where would this thread be appropriate? It's not a rant at all! I appreciate the comments, but this is me being very worried! I'm not calling out actually people, but rather the way in which the moderator's are handling this all! Its NOT RIGHT! If I'm not entitled to that opinion too than there's a real problem because I guess we should just all censor everything we say here. I want to know what to do about a trade or buy if I get banned. Yes I've exchanged e-mails, but ON DPF! I don't note each and every e-mail off this site. Like many others, I also buy and sell a lot on eBay which will make if VERY difficult to go back in PayPal and locate each and every trader I've brought from based on name or email address. I figured since this was primarily a question in reference to trading it should go in the trading section. HOWEVER, if I'm wrong please feel free to let me know where to post it and I will gladly close this one and move my OP elsewhere.

I understand your concern and I sincerely hope that you won't get a ban. Now, keep in mind that your trading partner/seller also might get a ban and disappear forever :dunno: which is worse imo.

But in general, banned or not, the best way to cover your tracks is to send paypal payment as "goods purchased" by adding few extra $$ to cover the paypal fees. It is extra money, but it buys peace of mind especially for large amounts;)

I use this http://thefeecalculator.com/

To move on to warnings/infractions, this is what Cicada's post says:

Warnings will generally be issued first for any non-serious forum violations, followed by an infraction and corresponding temporary ban if the point value is reached.

If I understand this right, a warning does not have to always precede an infraction, especially for "serious" violations. And the definition of serious/non-serious is somewhat subjective, so as a regular citizen of DPF, I would not venture there.

Just hang in there and practice what Thumper said. We all had to bite our tongues at one time or another, some more than others :lol:

Best of luck, and don't forget to post pics of your pins when you get them.

Oh this is easy!

Step 1. Setup a alt account
Step 2: Forward all your PMs regarding trades
Step 3: Let the people who you are trading with, who your new account is.
Step 4: Don't get your new account into trouble. Bite your tongue! (This is the hardest part)

Try to make your alt account completely different from your main. Use a different email address.

Also use a name that can't be recognized as being you!

As far as it is now, there is no rule concerning using alts when you are banned.

Last edited:
Oh this is easy!

Step 1. Setup a alt account
Step 2: Forward all your PMs regarding trades
Step 3: Let the people who you are trading with,
who you new account is.
Step 4: Don't get your new account into trouble. Bite your tongue! (This is the hardest part)

Try to make your alt account completely different from your main. Use a different email address.

Also use a name that can't be recognized as being you!

As far as it is now, there is no rule concerning using alts when you are banned.

OMG :rofl: :bowdown:

Awww, Mike, please don't do this. Calm down before you get banned.
Look where I was a month or so ago and I have totally done an about face.
I can't make others that I hurt forgive me and get to know the real me. You know the real me along with other trading pin friends.
Ok, it was addressed after a problem on DPF with another member to pay the fee and not send payment to Paypal as a gift. This protects you my friend as the buyer.
I don't send any money as a gift any longer unless the member has 50 positive feedback posts or more.
As far as being discriminated against because of your sexual orientation is completely wrong.
We have many gay members on the forum.
As far as if you get banned, do what others have done and been allowed to do, open another account under a new user ID. Or have T open an account and use his account to finish up with your trades/purchases.
Take Care Sweetie!

Just my thoughts, which are intended as constructive advice (and I hope they're taken that way):

DPF is privately owned and run, so I see it as being in their house. They provide a place for people who share a hobby to get together. Their house, their rules.

I can chat, trade, buy, sell, etc. I can even offer my opinions, as long as I am respectful and courteous, and I think that most of the rules really boil down to the same respect and courtesy that we should display in someone's home.

If I go to someone's home and I see another person who I detest, I don't say so out loud, because I am a guest and that would not be respectful to my host. I don't have to be friendly with that person, and I don't have to agree with him/her, but I also don't air my personal grievances in public and make a bunch of other people uncomfortable....I can discuss it later with my friends (ie. in PM).

There is no need to be afraid to post here. I think it just comes down to taking a deep breath before you hit 'submit'. Take a minute to think about whether you're expressing an opinion about the issue at hand or expressing an opinion about the person on the other side of the debate. For example, if you really want to have a public discussion about whether you deserved to get infractions for certain actions, you can do it without making personal attacks on the mods. If your arguments are sound, you don't need the vitriol, and the personal attacks undermine your arguments because they become the focus.

As for the effect of getting banned, hopefully that won't be an issue, because whether or not you get banned is ultimately up to you :) In any event, it is always a good idea to get email addresses and/or contact info from people you're dealing with. I think it's always a good idea to pay as purchase too (in fact I very much agree with you that DPF should make this a rule, in part for its own protection).

Thanks so much for the help and support everyone. I have people who are showing me they care and that matters so much to me. Thank you all! I'm going to close this thread because I am literally SO SCARED of having it in the wrong section will result in the ban. I honestly didn't know where else to put it. I guess I am 'ignorant' for not thinking talking about pin trading wasn't relavent to the 'pin trading' section. I hope this gets resolved and I hope I can at least complete my purchases and trades before I get banned for such a silly reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back