• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you know which pins are released at ds each week????

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know which pins are released at ds each week????

diznut

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 94.1%
16   1   0
FIRST of all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!

Now for my question of the day:
Every Monday morning when DS releases their pins, by the time they show up on their website, they are sold out if it's a popular character.

AND they don't seem to show up on their website for a long time after midnight, but some people seem to be able to KNOW & BUY , as soon as they are released BEFORE they show up on their website,so.................. how do they know????

Anyone care to share any secrets???
I know on Dizpins they always had a sticky & people would post as soon as the first person knew, but I don't see it on this website, AM I just missing it???
THANKS TO ALL!:bowdown:

You can always try ODPT as they show pins to be released up to 1 month in advance. Of course many times the pins are different looking but they typically do announce it.

You can always try ODPT as they show pins to be released up to 1 month in advance. Of course many times the pins are different looking but they typically do announce it.

I look at ODPT all the time and I never knew they showed what pins were going to be on Disneystore.com! I will have to pay more attention from now on!

To the OP, there is a thread each week that people use to discuss what has been released from DS.com. It is under the same forum as this topic. Here is this past week's thread 11-21-10 releases. It has just gotten a couple pages back since the week has gone on.

Hope that helps some!

DS releases their new pins at Midnight Pacific Time every Monday. Many diehards are up at that time (for Debby and me it's 0200 or 2 a.m.) waiting for the chance to obtain these new pins. The Sneak Peeks thread in the Pin Discussion forum has links directly to the DS for most of the upcoming pins. We click on the various links to see if the items can be added into our DS cart. If so, and we can check out fast enough, we are golden (doing the happy dance).

If nothing seems to be adding into the cart, checking in with DPF members logged into the chat room will often reveal which pins have been released.

That's pretty much the "secret".

Warning!!! This can be rewarding but it can also be very frustrating, as I'm sure other members will confirm! Happy Shopping! :x:

Last edited:
okay, so for a dumb question...... Re:

"To the OP, there is a thread each week that people use to discuss what has been released from DS.com. It is under the same forum as this topic. Here is this past week's thread 11-21-10 releases. It has just gotten a couple pages back since the week has gone on."

What is the OP??? And which website shows these releases?
Was it here? I could not find them on DisneyForum website., so what category is it under??? That is exactly what I was lookingf for. THANKS to ALL!

As far as knowing knowing which pins come out right at midnight PST, people just click the links on the DS.com sneak peeks link which is a sticky on the DPF Pin discussion forum here. This is the link:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?12-DisneyStore.com-Sneak-Peeks-UPDATED-11-22

Now if you're trying to look at what has been released already on Monday morning, you have to find the thread saying Disneystore.com pin releases - week of ??/??

This thread is here on DPF, in the Disney Pin Discussion forum. For this last week, like someone said, you have to look for it. I think its on the second page from this past week since everyone has posted new threads since then.

P.S. I have no idea what OP is, so I can't help you there... Anyone know?

Thank you all for your replies. muchy appreciated.

Sounds like, we do not have the "sticky" that I am referring to.
In the past on Dizpins, we had the "sticky" for that particular week's releases
where people actually posted immediately upon discovering which pins were in fact "up".
By the time you click on all the "possibilities" here, they are sold out.

Spiffie,
....... re: "To the OP, there is a thread each week that people use to discuss what has been released from DS.com. It is under the same forum as this topic. Here is this past week's thread 11-21-10 releases. It has just gotten a couple pages back since the week has gone on."

Which websitedid you find these posts of 11-21-10??? Is it here???

Would it not be nice to have that feature? I don't know how to do it, otherwise I would start that thread.....

Spiffie,
....... re: "To the OP, there is a thread each week that people use to discuss what has been released from DS.com. It is under the same forum as this topic. Here is this past week's thread 11-21-10 releases. It has just gotten a couple pages back since the week has gone on."

Which websitedid you find these posts of 11-21-10??? Is it here???

If you click the link, you'll see its a thread here on DPF. Its on the second page of the same section this thread (this one I'm writing in right now), a thread entitled DisneyStore.com pin releases, week of 11/21

The Sneak Peeks thread is updated shortly after midnight every Sunday night/Monday morning with DisneyStore.com's newest releases appearing at the top of the post. A separate post to discuss the newest releases will usually be made a day or two before Sunday night and "stickied." It will then usually be unstickied by mid-week when, by then, the new pins are showing on DisneyStore.com, so as to reduce the number of stickies you have to wade through to get to the newest non-sticky posts.

Have I said "sticky" enough? :)

Sorry I have not posted sooner! I have been SHOPPING!! But in my case, OP stands for Original Poster - meaning that I am directing my statement to the person who started the thread - in this case DIZNUT.

Under Disney Pin Discussion each week there is a thread started to discuss that week's DS.com releases. As thejessta mentioned, it is "stickied" for a few days and then "released" about midweek when the discussion kind of dies down.

So, in other words, you should see a sticky show up shortly for releases from DS.com for the week of 11/28 in this forum - DISNEY PIN DISCUSSION.

Happy pin buying!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back