• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How Does RSP work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Does RSP work?

edgeo99

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not sure if this has been covered in other threads before. I registered for the Sci-Fi academy event at DLR in June earlier today and as this is the first event I will be attending I am not sure how this RSP system works. My initial thought is that you go through the calatog and pick what you want then send that in to Disney before the due date of May whatever, then disney randomely selects in what order people get to order the merchendise. Is that the way it works? or is it better to get your orders in as soon as possible. Thanks Everybody. Really looking forward to this event, there is too much good stuff in the catalog :anxious:

RSP means Random Selection Process. What that means is that you put down all the pins that you want in the order that you want them. Then you send in that list to Disney. They randomly assign all the pins to the people that selected them. If there are any left at the end of that RSP, usually they have a second and third RSP. Those are for people who want duplicate pins and pins only go onto the 2nd or 3rd RSP if there are any left from the 3rd. And just like the 1st RSP, the 2nd and 3rd are in order of that you want them.

So the RSP makes it so that one person cannot buy all the low edition pins or all of a specific item. It spreads out the pins randomly, but takes into account those that want one pin more than another. It is very complicated math I'm sure and I wouldn't know how to explain that. :)

Does that make a little more sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back