• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How have the forums been running lately?

Has DPF site stability improved for you at all recently?

• Yes, greatly! No more errors.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Yes. I still get the occasional error, but it's manageable

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • Neutral/No Change. Same amount of errors.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • No! It seems worse!

Votes: 21 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How have the forums been running lately?
If I were not already bald, I would have pulled my hair out this week...

I think a new poll based on this week would look much different...
:rofl: Well I had the same feeling but had to leave my hair alone.

The forums have been really really bad the last couple of days, was really getting frustrated of it, lol
But seriously it wasn't fun to get on and if I got on it took a loooooong time to get pages loaded or it freezes :(

Regarding the problems over the past week from the 13th-15th --

Our host got hit hard with DDoS attacks over the last week to 2 weeks (read a bit about it here: http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2013...fecting-us-west-data-center-los-angeles-ca-2/)

basically their West Data center was down, and this site, along with others I run on the same server (as well as all of their other customers' sites) were inaccessible for long periods of time.

Couple that with the big influx in traffic to DPF over those same days, and I can understand how it would be a nightmare. I so apologize for the site being inaccessible, and we are looking at other options.

The last few days have also been hit with connectivity issues in their Western data center (http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2013...ffecting-our-us-west-data-center-los-angeles/)

Things seem fine recently, with a few minor hiccups, and I'll be doing some forum maintenance this afternoon/evening. If the problems continue, we will move forward to a new dedicated host, using the funds that you all have been able to raise for us (thank you to everyone who participated, by the way!)

The site still seems to be running very slowly and I have cable internet. I can only imagine how others are doing with the connectivity.

i do think it's time for us to change hosts. It seems like our current host, even with the small upgrade to a virtual server, isn't able to handle DPF!

it's been fine as of late, for me, at least, but even intermittent slowdowns and connectivity/speed issues is unacceptable with the amount of traffic we're experiencing here.

Not sure what the problem is but at the moment it's very difficult to reply to private messages ... can't enter returns to move text down or change fonts, size, or color ... thought it might be my keyboard but it's working just fine in other places ... so hmmmmm? not sure what the issue is. And I've had more of the "lost connection" error messages the last few days too. Thank you for working very hard on all this so we can enjoy this great place!! Take care, *bjr P.S. Having the same issue here ... tried to enter a return to post a P.S. but the text will not move down ... and it won't let me change the color of the text ... but the good news is that it let me change the font. :)

Any ideas what the problem(s) is? Still can't change the color of the font ... and still can't add a line in between paragraphs. So far it looks like all you can do is change the font type and the size. Sure makes it difficult to keep paragraphs or even comments separate from other posts. Thank you for looking into this! Take care, *bjr

Sometimes when I use my iPhone/ iPad i can type out where ever (post, message, profile.. Ect) and it says posting...then it just vanishes and says I need at least one character to post something. :/

Its painfully slow now, so much so, that I cant warrant spending time on the site, because I have to wait minutes for each page to load.

Not sure what the problem is but at the moment it's very difficult to reply to private messages ... can't enter returns to move text down or change fonts, size, or color ... thought it might be my keyboard but it's working just fine in other places ... so hmmmmm? not sure what the issue is. And I've had more of the "lost connection" error messages the last few days too. Thank you for working very hard on all this so we can enjoy this great place!! Take care, *bjr P.S. Having the same issue here ... tried to enter a return to post a P.S. but the text will not move down ... and it won't let me change the color of the text ... but the good news is that it let me change the font. :)

There is/was a reported compatibility issue with the vBulletin forum software package and Internet Explorer 10 (and above) - if you are using IE10+, the forum message input software doesn't understand the Enter key - I usually do a copy of a blank line from notepad and paste it into the message text box to get blank lines.

Thank you Steve!! I'm not using Explorer 10 or above ... and things are really bad today ... all the text and lines keep getting all smushed together in items already posted that I'm trying to read. Also, it is really, really slow ... as in it's taking a good 30-45 seconds OR MORE for every click ... this makes reading and surfing through topics and posts a very slow and aggravating process!!! Is there any hope that things will get better soon? I tried putting this post in color and it worked ... this time, lol!

And it appears to be allowing me to put line space in between paragraphs ... not sure how it will look when I hit the post button but I'll know in a minute, lol!

Bad today. Try to respond to pms, asks me if I want to stay or leave the page, then says I havent typed enough. Can't get pages to load. I would be surprised if this posts.

The forums are being really slow. They've been doing this for a while actually, but it seems particularly slow today... sometimes it will load quickly but a lot of the time its slow.

I'm glad I came by here to check on this thread, because I am also still having the problem of not being able to hit "enter" on my keyboard to get a blank line (so I write something out on my word processing system on my computer and then copy and paste it to make a thread here on DPF), and it's also running really slow as well. I just wanted to confirm that it's something with DPF and not my own computer.

I'm glad I came by here to check on this thread, because I am also still having the problem of not being able to hit "enter" on my keyboard to get a blank line (so I write something out on my word processing system on my computer and then copy and paste it to make a thread here on DPF), and it's also running really slow as well. I just wanted to confirm that it's something with DPF and not my own computer.

There seems to be a compatibility problem between newer versions of Internet Explorer (IE 10 for sure) and the vBulletin package used for this site. I switched to Firefox and it seems to work OK.

i dunno what it USED to be like, but i'm always plagued by errors. the MOST irritating one is the "needs to have at least 1 character in message" error. sadly, it's also the one i seem to get fairly regularly. i hate when i type out a whole post and then i get that error, making me post it all over again >.< so much hate.

Last edited:
^^^ I am also having this problem a lot. I just copy every post I type up and wait for that message; then, i just paste it into the post box.

Over all, today has been very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back