• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to maintain a 17" Doll Collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to maintain a 17" Doll Collection.

Brii59

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ive been stalking Ebay alot for some of the 17" dolls in my collection that I'm missing for quite a while. That being said, I've noticed some people bringing up the issue of " natural wear" on their boxes.....most resembling " air bubbles". Now, I am a bit OCD with my doll's boxes, and I want them to look as good as the day I first bought them. I've never really collected dolls before, but I do plan on giving these dolls to my daughter, when the day comes ( I'm a college student now), and I hope she will do the same for hers. If there is such a thing as "natural wear" then what can I do to prevent it from happening? Right now, I have my dolls sitting on hanging shelves, and I dust them often. But what about the air bubbles? What are they, how do they happen, and WHAT CAN I DO , so that it never happens to my boxes? Like I said.....I'm a new collector, but I've always wanted to start one, and I want to make sure to take good care of them.....Doll collector Pros....Please give me some tips of maintaining these beautiful dolls, and what are the air bubbles i see so often on these dolls boxes?

Last edited:
A lot of the air bubbles are on the boxes straight from Disney -- so there's probably very little you can do about that. It's mainly the way the paper that gives the doll's description being glued onto the box. The only way really to keep the boxes and dolls pristine would be to put them in a box, in a dry climate controlled room -- if you display them you will always have dust, light, etc to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back