• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I FINALLY GOT HER!! 17" Blonde Rapunzel is COMING HOME!! <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I FINALLY GOT HER!! 17" Blonde Rapunzel is COMING HOME!! <3 <3 <3

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Okay, admittedly, I'm probably more excited about this than I should be, but this doll has eluded me a million times already and today THAT ENDED! I finally got my 17" DS LE 5,000 Blonde Rapunzel doll at a price that didn't require selling my vital organs.

My mom and I were presented with the opportunity to buy her at retail when Tangled came out, but due to work schedules, travel and a general inability to camp out at the Disney Store, we didn't get her or Gothel. Obviously, as a psychotic Tangled fan, I have been clamoring for both dolls since their release. (And, ironically enough, camped out for Wedding Rapunzel and accidently ended up with TWO of her, oy.)

One was listed on eBay at $99 today, and stayed there until the last 45 seconds of the auction. In a fit of rage (or, thinking positively, "passion") I threw down a bid for $200 and sniped her in the very last seconds of the auction. And then I started shaking! She's MINE!! I got her!! I'm so excited, I've waited so long and she's going to have a gorgeous, loving home amongst all of my other most treasured Tangled pieces.

Aaah, I figured only you guys would understand this!! I still feel like I'm going to die, but I am at least going to die happy with my beautiful new Rapunzel doll. I can't wait to post pictures when she makes her way home from Illinois!!

Now, having said that, I can't buy anything until WDW. For realsies. BUT. AAH. RAPUNZEL!!

EDIT: SHE'S HOME!! Pictures in Post #34! <3

Last edited:
Thank you all!! I still feel gross, but this has definitely been a bright spot in my week!! I've been lusting after her forever, and I am so so so excited right now!! I missed a killer opportunity this week from a consignment shop here in New Hampshire that was selling Rapunzel, Gothel, Wedding Rapunzel and Tiana as a lot. He had no idea what they were worth since he found them locked up in a storage unit that had been abandoned, and he told me over the phone that if I'd been in the store day earlier, he'd have sold me all four for $100. :facepalm: They were already listed on eBay, so he didn't feel right taking them down, but it was devestating. I think that lot sold for around $650, and I won't spend more than my rent on dolls. That's... a step too far, even for me.

Even still! I'd been trolling eBay trying to find a good price for her, and the prices were always in the $400s... so I am REALLY thrilled to have her at this price, I am so so so happy right now...

Congratulations on getting your LE blonde Rapunzel! She is very lovely and one of the best so far released, in my opinion. I really look forward to seeing your pictures of her! :)

Congrats, you will absolutely love her! I wasn't keen on her at first (ridiculous eyelashes), only snapped her up when I heard they were releasing MG, she was my Gothel's companion piece, lol. Once you take her out you will see how detailed her dress truly is!

Congratulations! She was my first LE and she is really beautiful :) I had to buy her secondhand too since I didn't really know about the fantastic LE doll collection until Wedding Rapunzel came out. After waiting for forever I snagged her at a good price and she's so worth it.

"Patience, boys. All good things to those who wait." ;)

Wow congrats. I love the dolls and hope to get at least the wedding rapunzel they are all so beautiful. I'm sure she will look wonderful in your collection :)

Once you take her out you will see how detailed her dress truly is!

Am I totally crazy for not wanting to take her out of the box? I haven't taken any of my dolls out of the box. We don't own a house (yet), so we move a lot, and I'm always sooo terrified of something happening to my collection in the move.

Also, THANK YOU EVERYONE!! I am a big fan of "good things coming to those who wait" -- I can be incredibly patient! But it is so fulfilling to cross her off of my want list and to not have to scour eBay every single day for a good price on this gorgeous doll. I'm also excited because from the moment I saw her, I knew I was going to create this dress in J'aimie size, and now I have the perfect reference! :)

So very happy right now!! Can't stop smiling thinking about her!!

Congrats! I bid on that auction as well but I am glad she went to a true Rapunzel collector, and I will get her eventually. :)

I have been collecting these dolls and am not taking them out of their boxes. I think they look beautiful in their boxes...Rapunzel is in a pretty pose holding her hairbrush...and they also hold their value much better if they are kept new-in-box. :)

Thank you all!! I still feel gross, but this has definitely been a bright spot in my week!! I've been lusting after her forever, and I am so so so excited right now!! I missed a killer opportunity this week from a consignment shop here in New Hampshire that was selling Rapunzel, Gothel, Wedding Rapunzel and Tiana as a lot. He had no idea what they were worth since he found them locked up in a storage unit that had been abandoned, and he told me over the phone that if I'd been in the store day earlier, he'd have sold me all four for $100. :facepalm: They were already listed on eBay, so he didn't feel right taking them down, but it was devestating. I think that lot sold for around $650, and I won't spend more than my rent on dolls. That's... a step too far, even for me.

Even still! I'd been trolling eBay trying to find a good price for her, and the prices were always in the $400s... so I am REALLY thrilled to have her at this price, I am so so so happy right now...

Congratulations! That is great that you managed to get her at such a great price! That is how I felt when I finally completed my collection!!

I think i was following the listing you are referring to above and I do remember that out of the four dolls only motherl Gothel had a COA and the others did not so I don't think what they ended up selling for was worth it and I definitely think you are better off just getting the Rapunzel doll that is in a better condition than the set of four which seemed to be in a poorly kept condition.

I also do not debox any of my dolls. A lot of their hair gets fussed, or falls flat (like Merida's) when removed. Not to mention they retain their value more in the boxes. They also look really awesome all lined up next to each other! :)

But it is up to each individual collector. Some people like to enjoy the doll and pose it, and that is totally fine! Whatever floats your boat! :D

I think i was following the listing you are referring to above and I do remember that out of the four dolls only motherl Gothel had a COA and the others did not so I don't think what they ended up selling for was worth it and I definitely think you are better off just getting the Rapunzel doll that is in a better condition than the set of four which seemed to be in a poorly kept condition.

Gothel was in fact the only one with the COA. I didn't need the Rapunzel Wedding doll (have two of her, totally by accident. DS.com told me they canceled my pre-order before I went to the actual Disney Store at 4:00a. They did not. Sigh.) And honestly, as beautiful as the others are, I really only want the three Tangled dolls. So excited I waited!!

Congrats! I bid on that auction as well but I am glad she went to a true Rapunzel collector, and I will get her eventually. :)

u_u I am so sorry!! I live in constant fear of bidding on anything Disney on eBay for fear of elbowing out another DPFer. I usually just BIN everything on eBay, but I could never, ever afford the BIN prices for this doll, so bidding was the only way to go!!

THANK YOU ALL!! I knew you guys would get my enthusiasm! <3

OMG!! Congrats!! That is great deal!! I was watching her for the last couple of days and got totally side tracked this morning when it was due to end! Im sooooo glad someone on here, that really wanted her got her!! Congrats!!!! Please post pics when you get her!! :)

Congrats!!! She was the first 17" I got! my mom got her for a very reasonable price as well! Im glad you got her! She really is a gorgeous doll!

I am going to take the best darn iPhone pictures of this doll, trust me!! It's been a very good doll month for me! I scooped up this Rapunzel doll of course, but I was also able to get the super ridiculously priced toddler doll from 2010 for $40 BIN. Brand new. In box. It hadn't been listed ten minutes and I was like, "WELL. OKAY!"

I'm kicking myself, because no one could have known how this movie would blow up, and while it was instant and pure love for me and Dan, we waited on a lot of the merchandise because we figured it would be there forever. How wrong were we!! We bought a fair share of it in 2010 when it was released, but I will always, ALWAYS kick myself for putting down the two LE tiaras I had in my hand at the Disney Store... one was for me, one was for my baby niece Arie. I still can't believe how crazy the merch is for this movie... totally worth it, I love my collection so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back