• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I getting tired of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I getting tired of this...
Are you sure? .....I was searching the Paypal site one day looking for this answer and I didn't see anywhere that it specificly said you weren't covered.

One thing to note though, I never send it as a "gift" because I'm not just giving my money away. I send it as a personal payment - payment owed (which also avoids the fees for both parties) and then I list in the subject line and detail whatever I bought with my address.

Thanks, I didn't know about personal payments. Does that method have protection?

ETA: Thanks to everyone who answered my question!

Last edited:
One thing to note though, I never send it as a "gift" because I'm not just giving my money away. I send it as a personal payment - payment owed (which also avoids the fees for both parties) and then I list in the subject line and detail whatever I bought with my address.

Good idea...I'm going start doing this. Didn't know this before, as I'm still pretty new to the whole sending money via PayPal for anything NOT purchased via eBay. Thx for the tip Erica! :bigthumb:

Thanks, I didn't know about personal payments. Does that method have protection?

ETA: Thanks to everyone who answered my question!

That's the question. I never saw anything on Paypal's site that said those transfers weren't covered. If anyone can find it on the site that would be great!

Im having a similar problem I paid for two pins from a member over a month ago and still no pins :( was only 34.00 but now I cant even get a return PM from them so now what do I do? I hate to leave a negative feedback but I am out the money and no pins :(

Thanks for everyones support and responses! I have finally been contacted by the person who left me hanging and received something of an apology - and that's better than what I did have.

People, all I can say is if you back out of a sale, please, at least contact the seller/trader and let them know asap so they don't lose a sale - that's just a common courtesy, and it's not a hard thing to do, nor does it really take a lot of time or effort.

Also, about using Paypal payment as gift - it can be dangerours because you have no recourse if the item doesn't arrive, is lost in the mail, damaged, or not as described. Plus, NEVER pay for insurance if you are the buyer when you use Paypal - Paypal IS your insurance. The seller is responsible for getting the item to you and in the condition as they described.

Also, about using Paypal payment as gift - it can be dangerours because you have no recourse if the item doesn't arrive, is lost in the mail, damaged, or not as described.

This is true. I once paypalled as a gift to the wrong email and when I contacted paypal about it, they said there wasn't anything they could do. They treat a gift as if you are handing someone cash. This is the main reason I won't link my bank account to my paypal account. In this instance I was able to get my money back through my credit card, but I'd have been SOL if I'd have used my bank account.

Are you sure? .....I was searching the Paypal site one day looking for this answer and I didn't see anywhere that it specificly said you weren't covered.

I don't know erudolf...if the item doesn't arrive and if you sent it as a personal payment and not as a purchase of goods, then I don't know if you'd have coverage with Paypal.
The fees eat you up as a seller on eBay but paypal is not that terrible. When you use a credit card, merchants accept the fees incured in the sale and the buyer has all the protection... but I don't know if it's a good idea to try and circumvent the fees - especially as a buyer. Would need to make sure you'd still be protected if a sale went south.

Also, it's hard to ask this question of paypal on their message/help boards to even find the answer..." Dear Paypal, would I still have buyer protection if I purchased an item and marked it as a "gift" or for "personal payment" (so I didn't have to pay your fees)?" I think part of the fees you are required to pay may go toward their almost unconditional protection...you are paying them to protect you. JMHO

Why would you ever mark "for personal payment" anyway? (there is a place to mark for a service so it wouldn't be for someone who fixed your washing machine). Maybe an intangible object (not a gift or a service) but maybe a loan or gambling debt? Just wondering....

Last edited:
Im having a similar problem I paid for two pins from a member over a month ago and still no pins :( was only 34.00 but now I cant even get a return PM from them so now what do I do? I hate to leave a negative feedback but I am out the money and no pins :(
I hate this is happening to you...Please let me know who it is so I can add another to my list...I thought the bad buyers/sellers were only on ebay...:(

I hate this is happening to you...Please let me know who it is so I can add another to my list...I thought the bad buyers/sellers were only on ebay...:(

Is there any way to leave neutral feedback for the sellers? Just to raise a red flag for potential traders/buyers and show the sellers they can't get away with having bad communication and not sending pins.

Just to let you all know - potential buyer in OP has contacted me and I feel better about his motives - maybe it was just a mis-understanding by both parties...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back