• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I hate Java!!!!!

I've done that before and it worked. Now it doesn't. And I added that to the safe domains and still got an error message, this time saying it was on a different domain. I'm going to check IE...

At the top of the page when you go to chat there will be a Java or adobe icon looking thing in the right side of the URL. If it us, when everything is loading click on it and give it permissions.

I don't even get a pop up anymore.

Restart your computer, if at any point you selected ignore or block ((some times there's two pop uos, the first one you select ignore the second you select don't block)), otherwise it will not load for you again until you restart again

Also if you go into the plugins page of Firefox or google chrome make sure you don't have old have plugins in threre turned on.

freaking java....

I updated, restarted computer and tried to go into chat and it STILL blocked my butt and said not up to date.

Screw it. Chat was an addiction anyway. I can quit cold turkey.

know the feeling Kristine it does not work for me either tried everything to get it to work even sent mods a heads up no response twice
Son even reloaded Java no go!:(

Romancing they are the same ones that everyone has been posting, but no longer get any messages just error click for details, oh well maybe soon it will work again, son even reinstalled Java for me and other things but in time I have faith it will work again

hi my chat room friends that I can't talk to... I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to get back into chat. The last night I was IN chat I had just told you guys I was going to show up in chat more often. The next day I couldn't get in. I have updated java on both my mac and my pc. I have fiddled with security settings. I keep getting error message about "your security settings are preventing this from doing this"... I like to think of myself as a nerd, and technically advanced. I take apart iphones and fix them. I built my own pc for gaming. (and yes I'm female). So I"m not by any means stupid, but SOMETHING is wrong with the chat room. Why do we keep having chat room problems. I think we should go back to Ryan's chat. I've been in there a few days. If anyone has been able to get past this on PC or MAC please help me. I see that people are IN the chat room every now and then but I can't seem to get it to work. I have downloaded the new thing, I have restarted my computer, fiddled with settings..nothing works. =( <dies>

Well, I set my Java security setting to medium and added dpf to my allowed site, but I'm still getting an error.

error_zps8db2d22e.png

I'm assuming if I add the client16.addonchat.com address to my safe pages, I'd be good, but I don't recognize that page and I don't necessarily trust it.

addonchat is the service we use to host our chat room (www.addonchat.com), so it wouldb e safe to include it in your safe pages/exceptions list. :)

hm...chat seems okay for me, and I haven't updated Java in quite a while, at least on the computer i'm on now.. (using both chrome and firefox)

there must be something with the default settings for most peoples' computers that is blocking the chat room from loading... I'll read through this thread again and see if there might be something in common. Seems quite a few can't access it lately :/

Hey everyone I wanted to let you know how I fixed it.

I went to my windows icon and typed in Java and there were a few options I picked CONFIGURE JAVA

then I picked the SECURITY tab

I dragged it down to medium and hit apply and BAM the chat room works again.

I did this and it is working on my PC in chrome. =) I didn't even need to add things to the list just moving security down to medium fixed it.

MAC USERS

Things were a little different with getting this to work. Basically the same as the windows but tricky.

First I went into system preferences

At the very very very bottom was java

Next it opened in a new window like it does on the pc. I clicked the security tab and put the settings down to medium.

Next I had to go to "edit site list..." which is UNDER the security level settings. So you just dragged to medium and under that is the edit site list.

I added www.disneypinforum.com and then I added http://client16.addonchat.com/current/scclient.en.zip

Please note that chrome has NEVER worked with DPF chat for me. After you do all this make sure you click apply if it lets you, and ok.

Lastly in Safari go to DPF chat, and it will pop up something and you need to click RUN.

This walk through has been provided to you by SAPHENOUS THE GREAT vein

I don't use foxfire so I haven't tried it on that. Maybe you should get chrome and see if it works. This thing doesn't work on chrome on my mac but does on my pc. Only works on safari on my mac.

Back