• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I have a question!! PLEASE HELP!! STRESSING OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question!! PLEASE HELP!! STRESSING OUT!!

DumboLover21

Active DPF Member
Rating - 98.8%
160   2   1
I just got my Father's Day "The Incredibles" pin. I noticed through researching it that it has not even been released yet! I got it in the mail from eBay (I bought it on eBay) and it feels light and it came in a small clear baggie with a red line on the zip line. It says it from DSF LE 150 2011.

I looked on pinpics and there is nothing there for this pin.

I messaged the seller and he said he it is a real Disney pin. But he said I can return it back if I am not happy with it. So....my question is....since it has not been released is it most possible that it is fake?

How do I know if it fake?? :anxious:

Thanks for all your help!!

photo-4.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo17.jpg

Last edited:
Since it has not been released by DSF yet, considering Fathers day is a month away, I would say scrapper. Looking on eBay there is a seller that is selling this pin from New York, I don't like the odds of it being authentic.

*edit* this is a bit sarcastic, but not meant to be a personal attack

Why are you stressing? You got a pin over a month before its release. How could it not be fake?

You should have known that going into the purchase.

Eg. Hmm. Ebay seller selling a Xmas 2015 pin; I wonder if it's legit....

Last edited:
Why are you stressing? You got a pin over a month before its release. How could it not be fake?

You should have known that going into the purchase.

Eg. Hmm. Ebay seller selling a Xmas 2015 pin; I wonder if it's legit....

Wow, Harsh, she was just asking an opinion, your common sense is not everybody's common sense. keep that in mind.

and yeah Marcia, i believe it is a fake, just take your money back while u can. :)

Wow, that stinks! I hope you get your money back. And you should report it to eBay. :sad:

Did you see the DPF Post of the eBay scrapper pin seller that was arrested? Not a good time to be selling fake Disney pins.

Last edited:
Man that sucks big time. What's worse is that these sellers have high ratings. If everyone knew the kind of crap they sell they'd go out of business.

Yep, get your money back. I'd leave bad feedback too, so others know.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Marcia. I am 99% sure that you got a scrapper. The seller will do and say anything to get your hard earned $$.

If (s)he is offering money back, get it as fast as you can.

I think I know who you got it from and that seller offers a lot of questionable pins including

Check his fb (if it is the person I am suspecting), the items are all "private" ... Why?? This seller is extra cautious for a reason.

Even if there is no scrapper alert on pinpics, I am sure there are some scrapper pins that are going under the radar.

For example, I have seen tons of being sold on Ebay. I have collected one in WDW from a CM's lanyard and could not believe my luck. Later, I came home and checked Ebay for the same pin and I knew what was going on.

There are 6 of this same pin on the bay right now and 10 auctions ended in the last 15 days. I see A LOT of those on Ebay and they get sold at 99c. If it were a real LE300 pin, who would do that? Yet, this pin is not reported on pinpics.

Also, the little plastic baggie with red zip line is very very common with scrapper pins on Ebay. How do I know? I have bought several of them in my newbie days :(

Get your money and move on. I am sure there will be helpful people on the board who would be happy to purchase an authentic one for you.

Best of luck :)

Id not post it back as it just means they can sell another scrapper pin but Id tell them that and you would want your money back or you will report them to ebay.

and WDWJUAN...that was pretty harsh

Thank you everyone for your help! I appericate it!! You all are so wonderful to me!!

WDWJUAN, I dont know why you're being so harsh to me. I was only asking for help.

Last edited:
I am more concerned about the quality of this pin. Looking at the back, the DSF markings are very good (likley genuine) and there is no tattletale raised lip on the edges. I am equally concerned that he is still selling these pins on Ebay.

The unauthorized early release and seller being in New York are alarm bells. But I suspect you have an unauthorized (genuine) pin rather than a true "scrapper" or counterfeit. Either the Disney Soda Fountain had better recount their inventory when it arrives (as there should only be 150) or the counterfeit manufacturers have gotten far too good far too quickly.

I wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. I was just trying to say that if you are receiving a "future" pin, red flags should go up before you even purchase it.

Last edited:
Really?
How about you start threatening people again...
------------------------------------------------

I wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. I was just trying to say that if you are receiving a "future" pin, red flags should go up before you even purchase it.

Seriously Juan, now what are you trying to prove? There are much better ways of getting your point across then putting people down.

Dumbolover21 I hope you can get your money back. And more important I hope you continue to ask questions on the forum. Most of us on DPF are happy to help.

Sorry to hear what is going on but you need to be really careful with buying any pin on EBay, no matter how old, new or future they are.

I hope you get your money back.

Vicki

Sorry to hear what is going on but you need to be really careful with buying any pin on EBay, no matter how old, new or future they are.

Vicki

Seriously Juan, now what are you trying to prove? There are much better ways of getting your point across then putting people down.

Dumbolover21 I hope you can get your money back. And more important I hope you continue to ask questions on the forum. Most of us on DPF are happy to help.

I only stated that after she called me out. I only stepped in with that after she made it personal first.

Can I not express my original opinion that red flags should have gone up before the purchase was even completed?
That is my opinion and I'm free to express it.

That's basically what I'm saying, just a bit more brunt.

I only stated that after she called me out. I only stepped in with that after she made it personal first.

Can I not express my original opinion that red flags should have gone up before the purchase was even completed?
That is my opinion and I'm free to express it.

This thread was started by a fellow DPF member simply asking for some friendly advice and help. What you gave was a sarcastic tounge lashing that belittled a fellow forum member and for that you should be called out. Yes, you are entitled to your original opinion, but is it necessary to express it at the expense of someone else?

Last edited:
Dumbolover21. I am sorry for my harsh words on your thread. I sincerely want you to know that most of us on DPF are here to help. I hope that we all got something educational out of this thread. I know I sure did.

1) check out your pin facts before you buy.
2) if you don't know the facts, ask a fellow DPF member as there is a lot of experience here
3) keep your comments respectful to others

Last edited:
If we are a "family" of pin traders, what is wrong with a bit of "tough love"?

We all jumped for joy at the story of the busted scrapper, but we do nothing as an educated community to help before the mistake is made?
I see Marcia as an experienced and educated pin trader and I was trying to provide some constructive criticism.
Was my wording and way of expressing my criticism a bit too sarcastic and brunt? Possibly.
If I did something similar, I would hope that the community could provide criticism too.

Overall, I wish that we as pin traders can ask the question before hand and stop some the bad deals before the money makes it to the scrappers/counterfeiters.

Last edited:
Dumbolover21. I am sorry for my harsh words on your thread. I sincerely want you to know that most of us on DPF are here to help. I hope that we all got something educational out of this thread. I know I sure did.

1) check out your pin facts before you buy.
2) if you don't know the facts, ask a fellow DPF member as there is a lot of experience here
3) keep your comments respectful to others

agreed.

I've edited my posts a bit to be a bit nicer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back