• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I have noticed a trend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed a trend...

Tiki

Sender of Tiki grams
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I take a look everyday on pinpics "Whats New" to keep up on pins that I might need for my collection.

Now my question/observation... How is it the same person or 2 ALWAYS lists the artists proof/pre production pins. Do they have an "IN" with disney to be able to aquire pins that no one else can get?

Just find it strange that someone has access to things 99.9% of us do not have access to.

Or they have a punch and die set...lol
I have also noticed that.
Even being a cast member it is not easy to get AP & PP pins. It just does not work that way.
Good question.

Anyone?

I know the 2 people you are referencing... They are both die hard AP and PP collectors... A lot I people take their AP's and PP's to them and I know they buy a lot from people... They are both great traders and please don't say they are making them... That's not fair to them... Because I know they obtain them the right way...

Plus, it might be possible that they don't even have the pin and are listing it in hopes that someone will show up with it.

I was only joking when I said they have a die.
I also have a friend who will collect anything AP.
It wold be no different than domeone listing all DA100 pins.
Thats what they collect.
I may actually know one of these people and have traded with them before for my AP's.

I also said good question and you have given a good answer.
CASE CLOSED.....

I know after Trade City, A LOT of PP's and AP's were added because that's all some people were looking for on the boards and some people are still adding them. I didn't find any but some people were lucky and found a lot.

I can honestly say that at Trade City, that's all I was looking for on the boards after I found out about the LE 100 completer road sign. I ended up finding about 10 AP's on the boards. Like some around here, I try to collect AP's as well.

Plus, it might be possible that they don't even have the pin and are listing it in hopes that someone will show up with it.

I think you are right, as I checked some of their collections and these are not listed, but the odd thing is it is not in their wants either, so they might just be listing to update the records, nothing else

Good luck to them if that's what they wish to collect, great collection to have! My only question is how do they manage to get hold of them, they must have contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back