• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I know I've been out of the pin loop for awhile now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've been out of the pin loop for awhile now...

Alexa

Active DPF Member
Rating - 99%
205   2   0
but when did Disney start selling pins with patterns like this? There's almost a complete line around the border.
I purchased this lanyard pin set from World of Disney at Downtown Disney a week ago. Have I really been out of the pin loop for that long?

ef56f21f.jpg

Those make me want to pull my hair out. I spend hours teaching people in DLR about borders on fakes and then this comes along oh, maybe 6-7 months ago. Now I have to tell people that the fakes have a raised border and that Disney now makes real pins with recessed or inverted borders and most of the time I have to actually show them the difference or they just look at me and go, "huh?" I have seen this on pins with mickey head waffles, soda fountain ice cream cone waffles, and imagineering sorcerer hat waffles as well, all starting about 6-7 months back. Makes me want to shoot a pin. If they ever make a real pin with a truly raised border, I quit.

Hahaha that's somewhat hilarious, the way you worded it anyways.

It is a pain and it's really horrible they're doing this. I'm starting to think they're purposely doing this so people will think there aren't anymore scrapers because Disney doesn't want to deal with the situation properly... Not that there is anything they can truly do. Other companies will turn around and sell the molds as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I wish Disney would get the guts to tell the employees to not take pins that aren't glossy on the front at least. That's a dead give away. And really easy to tell.

Oh great, as a newbie, I have enough trouble trying to identify scrappers and fakes as it is. Now they're throwing in pins that look like this! Ugh! I feel like I'll never get comfortable with identifying these pins

Lets hope its just this set. That was one of the major ways i would be able to tell if a pin was fake or not. The other way i can tell if it had dips in the paint or if the pin wasn't smooth.

Oh great, as a newbie, I have enough trouble trying to identify scrappers and fakes as it is. Now they're throwing in pins that look like this! Ugh! I feel like I'll never get comfortable with identifying these pins

I agree! I just started collecting last month. I'm very new to this. I don't want half my collection to be fakes.

thats quite discouraging the fact that there are so many fakes going around. Last we heard, Disney was training employees at DLR to spot fakes when its being traded to them. But its pointless because the cast members have to say yes to a trade! -_- HOPEFULLY they find a way to stop the circulation of scrappers in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back