• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I think I was traded Scrappers…(Not on here though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was traded Scrappers…(Not on here though)

tinkerbell20

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone…I am totally new at this. I've only ever traded pins with my son, we always bought a bunch from the Disney Store or Disney outlet when they were on sale for our trips to make sure they were authentic. I never bought lots from ebay because, honestly, it scares me…I didn't know enough about pins prior to finding this site to know if they were real or not. Anyway, I decided I wanted to start collecting/trading for me too so right before Christmas another board that I frequent a lot had a "pin swap". They've done it a few times before and they were looking for more people to sign up. I figured great, I'll sign up get a couple new pins to have as traders (all I have as traders now is some vinylmation). Well, my pins arrived and they were cute. They are PINPICS 66617 - Hidden Mickey Series 3 - character outlines - Donald. It says it is a known fake and on the back it should have 2 pin nubs. Mine doesn't have any. Also the blue background on the front has these little pin holes all over it. My next one is PINPICS 44553 - DLR- Cast Lanyard Series 4 Beach Pail collection - Mickey. I noticed on the front bottom by the brown towel/surfboard or whatever it is there looks like a drum stick leaning on it and it is all yellow, mine the circle is blue and the stick part is yellow and on the back pin pics says it should say 1 of 4 and mine says 4 of 4.

Does this mean I got fakes? Im sure it does but I just want to double check with some experts….I am so bummed. :(

I'd post pics but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried months ago to put pics of my dolls up and I had no luck!

Unfortunatly the Hidden Mickeys and Lanyard type pins are soo quickly scrapped and they are everywhere... chances of one being fake is far greater than it being a true Disney pin... As you will quickly learn those are mearly the first taste of this addiction... Kinda like having a wine cooler...lol... They are great for younger kids to get into this hobby and for non-serious types of investments for the pleasure of socializing with fellow traders and cast memers... If you want to begin a collection of true pins, I would stick with trading and perhaps purchases from our wonderful members who will make sure you are happy with what you receive... Good Luck collecting and try not to get discouraged...

We would have to see pictures of the pins in order to really say for sure, but it doesn't sound good. Due to server space you cannot post a picture directly to your thread. You have to post it to another website and then link the picture to pinpics. You can use just about any free photo site to post pictures to, even Facebook. You just open the picture you want post and then (in windows) right click and select "copy image URL". Then go to your thread area and on the right of the tool bar above the typing box there is an "insert image" icon that looks like a picture of a tree. Click on that button and a box pops up with a box titled URL. Right click in that box and click paste in the drop down menu, then click ok. You should then see your image. Hope that helps. If you can post pictures then we can tell you more definitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back