• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I'm new a little help please

I'm new a little help please

Clauclau

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello!!!
dont wanna bother anybody but I'm new and I'm having a ruff time making my way in this forum.

I'm interested in posting a thread for other users to tell the value of some pins I have 'coz I have no idea, and I'm also interested in posting pins for sale, but no idea of how to...

please help me

Thank you so much for your time!!

First of all, welcome!

:)

Are you not a collector/trader? If you're unfamiliar with Disney pins, while you cannot sell here yet, you should be fine to post in either Disney Pin Discussion or Pin Showroom if you just want to show the photos of your unknown pins and ask people information about them. If your pins are of a specific theme, there is probably someone out there who would be an expert on it and could help you determine values. But like momin.ator said, you will have to meet the requirements to be able to post in sales.

If you are a collector/trader, I suggest posting a "hello" in the Introductions section to get started, and tell us about yourself and what brought you here!

I'm definitely puzzled as to where folks are determining the monetary values of their pins...I feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here. I offered a pin for trade on pin pics and was told the value was too low for what I wanted.

As far as monetary values, ebay is probably a good reference (look at actual sold for, not BIN asking prices), or browse the sales threads here to get an idea of in general what types of pins are in what price ranges.

Want/trade ratios on pin pics are another good indicator - for example, a pin that has 100 trading and 50 wanting, is less valuable in trade than a pin that has 5 trading and 100 wanting....Limited edition size makes a differences as well.

Rarity also plays a roll in value. LE and Limited Release pins usually are more difficult to obtain. I have plenty of mystery pins that I will trade for Hidden Mickey pins in DL. Perhaps I will be a little lucky and trade a mystery pin for a LE pin from a cast member. Lucky me! But I would not make the same offer to someone on pinpics. On pinpics I try to trade pins of similar edition size or mystery pins for mystery pins.
As for monetary value? Check the online auctions and do a search for completed sales. Also be aware of the pins popularity. Is the movie popular right now (Frozen anyone?)? Or is it a character that has many admirers(stitch, Jessica rabbit, and tink). Is the pin from a desirable location (pixar store)?

but ultimately it is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Thank you all for your help and dedication to explaining me how things go around here! I'll start by introducing myself!! have a nice day!!!
And thanks again!!!

Last edited:
Back