• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Instagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instagram?
There's a news feed?! XD

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
I think I may be stalking you on Instagram as you posted about a pin from a set you wanted and I noticed the user was the same as yours on here :)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

My first Instagram pin experience has not been a good one. I bought a couple of DSSH pins from a seller who had an up-charge but it was reasonable. However, he marked the pins as sent two weeks ago but tracking shows the package was never delivered to the post office. After a week, I contacted the seller and he said he mailed it last Tuesday. Still no tracking in the system and now he says the post office was just holding the package and it won't ship until Monday. Seems shady but hopefully he'll come through.

My Insta isn't pin oriented but if anyone is feeling particularly stalkerish and would like to follow my adventures, my Insta is sammyslifeindc. I do post a lot of fun Disney pics when I travel to the parks so there is that! :wavey:

My first Instagram pin experience has not been a good one. I bought a couple of DSSH pins from a seller who had an up-charge but it was reasonable. However, he marked the pins as sent two weeks ago but tracking shows the package was never delivered to the post office. After a week, I contacted the seller and he said he mailed it last Tuesday. Still no tracking in the system and now he says the post office was just holding the package and it won't ship until Monday. Seems shady but hopefully he'll come through.

My Insta isn't pin oriented but if anyone is feeling particularly stalkerish and would like to follow my adventures, my Insta is sammyslifeindc. I do post a lot of fun Disney pics when I travel to the parks so there is that! :wavey:
I have commenced stalking!! :)

I signed up recently , the app works much better on my new Kindle :) , I don't intend to be buying from there but I'm having fun following everyone from here .
FYI I'm speedwaystar2017 there

I signed up recently , the app works much better on my new Kindle :) , I don't intend to be buying from there but I'm having fun following everyone from here .
FYI I'm speedwaystar2017 there
Hi speedway. Its a good place to buy hk disney pick ups. I have a lot on the way... if they come as described etc I will share the person around. She seems good though...sent me pictures of backs etc and had a minimal mark up on the pick ups :)

Hi speedway. Its a good place to buy hk disney pick ups. I have a lot on the way... if they come as described etc I will share the person around. She seems good though...sent me pictures of backs etc and had a minimal mark up on the pick ups :)

I've got a few mystery sets bought from FB the come from HKDL , I got lucky . There's a member here who got them for me but she's not around too often .

I've got a few mystery sets bought from FB the come from HKDL , I got lucky . There's a member here who got them for me but she's not around too often .
It is these lil cuties that I have coming :)
02b7dcfadac868d03ea6a4ffdb52ec6f.jpg
3fc893bc3b5ce33e7f16f46c66796bb4.jpg

I don't trade or buy on there, but my IG is loomimac if anyone wants to follow, I post Disney stuff often :)

So I went and added I think most of you guys who posted your IG handles. So if you see xdattax on your added you, that's me. I'm not pin focused, but do put pin hauls up and some ISOs.

Bit of an update:

My experience so far has been kinda... meh. It certainly isn't as much fun as people say it is. I have made a few trades though.

Although, I think I'm enjoying posting pin memes more than actually trading. XD

Bit of an update:

My experience so far has been kinda... meh. It certainly isn't as much fun as people say it is. I have made a few trades though.

Although, I think I'm enjoying posting pin memes more than actually trading. XD

I have the same, I post my maildays and sometimes I'm able to trade but what I see is that there is a group of traders who only trade with eachother. I'm trying to trade for WDI Hans and Rapunzel but I get turned down and my traders aren't good enough, so I won't bother with IG trading anymore :(

Now that I've been on IG for a few months and have checked out people's different accounts, just wanted to put out for reference that it's certainly much more business-like than DPF. People on IG don't generally seem interested in helping one another out, it seems to be more about doing whatever it takes to get the hottest pins to show off. The prevalence of sharks in the community and their behavior, particularly their attitude towards "do-gooders" (and even a negative comment about DPF specifically) just irks me. There are quite a few great members out there who have wonderful collections, but really what I've seen in the IG community is a power struggle - for the best pins, for the most followers, etc. etc. I definitely would not recommend it for new traders. There are too many people looking to take advantage of a situation and too few ways for an individual to be held accountable for their actions.

Now that I've been on IG for a few months and have checked out people's different accounts, just wanted to put out for reference that it's certainly much more business-like than DPF. People on IG don't generally seem interested in helping one another out, it seems to be more about doing whatever it takes to get the hottest pins to show off. The prevalence of sharks in the community and their behavior, particularly their attitude towards "do-gooders" (and even a negative comment about DPF specifically) just irks me. There are quite a few great members out there who have wonderful collections, but really what I've seen in the IG community is a power struggle - for the best pins, for the most followers, etc. etc. I definitely would not recommend it for new traders. There are too many people looking to take advantage of a situation and too few ways for an individual to be held accountable for their actions.
That is exactly how I see IG as well.

Last edited:
That is exactly how I see IG as well. I think I saw the same comment about the DPF community posted by the user [redacted] (the one where [they] called us all [word]. The worst part is that [they are] a member on DPF as well, and [they have] made numerous sale threads here under the username [redacted]. :/

Which is a shame, but (and I'm sure since you're actually near DSF you're well aware) this is how a lot of the "big-league" pin trading works. It's how deals are made and sadly how many of these "upper level" pins actually get their value, because influential people hype it up. People have the liberty to do what they want with their pins and trade how they want, of course. However that's just not my style. (Again, this is not to discourage anyone from trading on IG. More just to provide information on how the community is different from ours.)

Last edited:
Which is a shame, but (and I'm sure since you're actually near DSF you're well aware) this is how a lot of the "big-league" pin trading works. It's how deals are made and sadly how many of these "upper level" pins actually get their value, because influential people hype it up. People have the liberty to do what they want with their pins and trade how they want, of course. However that's just not my style. (Again, this is not to discourage anyone from trading on IG. More just to provide information on how the community is different from ours.)

Also, there are good people on IG as well. I've been able to trade for two grails simply because people wanted to help me out with my collection.

However, most of the frequent posters on IG are not the nicest people.

PurpleMandms, Yeah, I see a lot of people from IG at DSF all the time. The way they talk about how they were able to make a quick buck off of a new trader is pathetic.

I wouldn't say that IG is a total waste of time, but just be careful with who you interact with. IG really seems like a massive competition of sweaty nerds who want to see who can have the most expensive pins.

[Redacted Username] Insulted DPF because we don't value pins the same way they do, and I'm so glad we don't! XD

The way we all look out for each other is the reason our community is so fun! XD

We have members who stand in Hollywood at 3am just do pick ups at cost, we have David who makes it a mission to find and Zap people their grails, we have the monthly RAK, and I could go on!

Heck, we even have some mystery Zap guy(s) now! XD

What was I talking about again?
I need to lay down. XD

I've mainly been using it to look for Fantasy Moana pins :)
I personally don't think I'd be interested in trading via that system , I'll stick to DPF and PinPics with the occasional FB trade if it's someone I've seen around for a while .

Also, there are good people on IG as well. I've been able to trade for two grails simply because people wanted to help me out with my collection.

However, most of the frequent posters on IG are not the nicest people.

PurpleMandms, Yeah, I see a lot of people from IG at DSF all the time. The way they talk about how they were able to make a quick buck off of a new trader is pathetic.

I wouldn't say that IG is a total waste of time, but just be careful with who you interact with. IG really seems like a massive competition of sweaty nerds who want to see who can have the most expensive pins.

[Redacted Username] Insulted DPF because we don't value pins the same way they do, and I'm so glad we don't! XD

The way we all look out for each other is the reason our community is so fun! XD

We have members who stand in Hollywood at 3am just do pick ups at cost, we have David who makes it a mission to find and Zap people their grails, we have the monthly RAK, and I could go on!

Heck, we even have some mystery Zap guy(s) now! XD

What was I talking about again?
I need to lay down. XD

Honestly, just be grateful that platforms like IG and other social media exist to draw off the douche-bagginess. There were points in the past when THIS community was overrun with Drama, and it was really (at best) tiresome and (at worst) vile. Too many people who knew each other IRL using this platform for bullying, snarking, competition, sharking, and other lovely qualities. (Since I knew none of these people, I never had an actual beef with anyone. But it was really a drain to come here to unwind after work, maybe want to look for pins, and just see endless reams of negative posts and inside jokes--the mean kind--and all that stuff. Like, woof.) That all migrated elsewhere, thankfully, and all the folks who remained active here, and the new members who've joined since, have really upheld the idea that this is a community. If some people think we're lame, well, fine. They're probably not people we want active around here anyway. Go forth, and pollute other waters.

Last edited:
Honestly, just be grateful that platforms like IG and other social media exist to draw off the douche-bagginess. There were points in the past when THIS community was overrun with Drama, and it was really (at best) tiresome and (at worst) vile. Too many people who knew each other IRL using this platform for bullying, snarking, competition, sharking, and other lovely qualities. (Since I knew none of these people, I never had an actual beef with anyone. But it was really a drain to come here to unwind after work, maybe want to look for pins, and just see endless reams of negative posts and inside jokes--the mean kind--and all that stuff. Like, woof. IDC who's right and who's wrong and who's cool and who's not. I graduated from high school a loooooonnnnngggg time ago and just do not give a fig about other people's need to maintain that mindset throughout life.) That all migrated elsewhere, thankfully, and all the folks who remained active here, and the new members who've joined since, have really upheld the idea that this is a community. If some people think we're lame, well, fine. They're probably not people we want active around here anyway. Go forth, and pollute other waters.

I guess that was before I came and fixed you guys. ;3

I have an account, but I use it just to post photos of my collections, new acquisitions, cats, and park photos haha. I haven't tried to use it to trade, but BOY do I get a lot of requests to sell them my pin collections even tho the photos have "Not for sale/not for trade" listed on them.
My favorite excuse when I say they're not for sale? "But you have so many! Can't you spare a few?"

I'm also pretty_omi there if anyone is curious.

I'm fairly certain my negative Insta experience was because the guy realized he could get more money off the pin than what he sold it to me for. I think he purposely didn't send it then claimed the post office didn't process the package. He was far to eager to offer me a refund and I bet he turned right around and sold it for a higher price. Luckily, I found a seller that sold it for a lower price than he offered originally and I got it lightening fast.

I'm fairly certain my negative Insta experience was because the guy realized he could get more money off the pin than what he sold it to me for. I think he purposely didn't send it then claimed the post office didn't process the package. He was far to eager to offer me a refund and I bet he turned right around and sold it for a higher price. Luckily, I found a seller that sold it for a lower price than he offered originally and I got it lightening fast.

That's one great thing about pin karma: When you get skunked on a pin, very often it works out better for you in the long run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back