• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Inverted raised Mickey heads on waffle pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inverted raised Mickey heads on waffle pattern?

zwack

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a DLP cupcake booster set off of eBay, and the Mickey waffle pattern on the back is inverted; the heads are raised rather than being imprinted. Has anybody ever seen this on an authentic pin? I've already returned the set for a refund, because there's a piece of missing enamel on the front and some other quality issues. The seller still asserts these are authentic from DLP.

35kj507.jpg

I have not seen one and I don't recall hearing of any pins having raised Mickey heads, though I don't know if they don't exist at all.

Hmm...do you have a photo of the full back of the pin? It's odd that there is no sign of the official trading seal or any other wording from what the photo shows.

This is a picture of the full back that the seller posted themselves in a separate listing for just the Angel cupcake pin (I blanked out their name). Especially toward the bottom, you can see that the Mickey heads are inverted and raised.
2rp32f8.jpg

This seller and another (that has remarkably similar item descriptions) sell this Angel pin stand alone. All are missing the same piece of enamel from the stomach, and I'm guessing all also have these weird raised Mickey heads. This DLP cupcake booster set is also offered for sale directly from some notorious sellers from Hong Kong. Seller explicitly stated items were authentic purchased from the parks, which is what really frustrates me.

That is odd but could be real. The stamps or back are on before the cuts are made. So if they did make a new back sheet. It could be cut to have any design they want. Where is the trade mark and rest of back. Need to see all the pin to make a call on real or not.

I was able to find two different people from Europe that bought this cupcake booster pack directly from the Paris parks, and they have the normal Mickey waffle pattern. Comparing photos of fronts and backs + packaging between my "sealed" set and the confirmed authentic DLP sets, the ones I bought were definitely counterfeit. My pins did have the normal trading logo on the bottom, but just about everything else was off about them. My "packaging" did not include any barcodes or price tags, all which the authentic ones had and plastic also appeared secondary. Additionally, the printing on the cardboard insert looked extremely grainy, like the original had been scanned in and reprinted. If people would like to see photos that compare the authentics vs. counterfeits, I'd be happy to share them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back