• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

is anyone interested in a custom made pin folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone interested in a custom made pin folder?

disneyfanbrad

Collecting Again
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Brad. I have been collecting Disney pins for many years, mostly on and off. Just now starting back up again.

The main reason for this post is that I am wondering if any members would be interested in a custom made trading pin folder. I enjoy mine greatly and it makes me excited to collect again. I made mine because I didn't want to buy one online that seemed to be more expensive than what it's worth. Especially if mine could be anything that I wanted it to be. Another one of my favorrite things to do are sewing projects. I have had my sewing machine for a few years and have experience making very nice quality items. I'm offering my services to make a pin folder like the one posted below in the pictures (which is mine). But the sky is the limit to what yours can be. The one thing I would request is that it wouldn't be a larger size because I would have to ship it from here in Hawaii and it would get expensive fast. Things to consider:

Color of fabric: just ask and I'll reply with what I can find as far as colors and patterns go.

Color of thread

Size: the one in the picture is about a 10 inch by 10 inch square, which holds around 90 or more pins with five sheets in it.

Features: closures, zippers, extra pockets, different colored sheets, shoulder or handle straps. I'll even try my best to add a custom patch or name to the cover or a sheet.

As far as cost goes, I wouldn't expect to charge more than $25 for something nice with a $5 shipping fee. If things like zippers or hardware get involved it might be more. Please allow some time (maybe a few days to a week, depending how busy I am) for me to make the folder and be able to collaborate you about what you want.

Thank you again for reading and your welcomes and comments are appreciated. Just send a PM if you're interested. -Brad

Attachments

• first page.jpg
    first page.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 166
  • page no frays.jpg
    page no frays.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 165
  • closed with ruler.jpg
    closed with ruler.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 166
  • page with pockets.jpg
    page with pockets.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I'm still looking for some offers. Only $30 and that includes shipping. I'm planning to make a themed folder of some kind. Maybe a Haunted Mansion one. Any other ideas? I can make just about anything. Thanks again for reading.

I think this belongs in the "other sale" forum, not general pin discussions. Also, why would someone pay $30 for a flimsy fabric folder when you can get the nice zippered black ones like the old park style on eBay for like $35? Those often have one character embroidered. I'm all for helping someone out that is trying to start something but these seem more like $10 options rather than $30. The price point seems off for what is being offered. Just my though. No disrespect meant.

A few differences. My "flimsy", as you put it, fabric folder is made specifically for someone's personal tastes and needs in mind. Unlike those that are resold on ebay, which I agree with you, are black and have a cheezy Disney character already slapped on the front. They are also either too bulky and heavy or too small with little space inside. I'm sure you understand this if you've been collecting for a while and noticed that only two sizes are typically sold. What I'm offering isn't a mere $10 solution, it's a chance to have a unique folder that no one else has. Something that you put your favorite pins in. Something to grab people's attention when you walk around the parks. And I never once said that it couldn't have a zipper enclosure. It's that I don't live in a fabric supply store and can't just walk over and grab one off a shelf. It'll cost about $1 more. And if you're basing your thoughts from the pictures, that is my bag shown. I didn't have in mind that someone wanted that exact, plain looking folder. I also don't believe that I need to be "helped out". And I certainly don't beleive that my services aren't wanted because last week there was a post wondering if anyone had a pin case to she could buy. So here I am. No offense taken. I'll just post this in the "other for sale" forum next time.

A few differences. My "flimsy", as you put it, fabric folder is made specifically for someone's personal tastes and needs in mind. Unlike those that are resold on ebay, which I agree with you, are black and have a cheezy Disney character already slapped on the front. They are also either too bulky and heavy or too small with little space inside. I'm sure you understand this if you've been collecting for a while and noticed that only two sizes are typically sold. What I'm offering isn't a mere $10 solution, it's a chance to have a unique folder that no one else has. Something that you put your favorite pins in. Something to grab people's attention when you walk around the parks. And I never once said that it couldn't have a zipper enclosure. It's that I don't live in a fabric supply store and can't just walk over and grab one off a shelf. It'll cost about $1 more. And if you're basing your thoughts from the pictures, that is my bag shown. I didn't have in mind that someone wanted that exact, plain looking folder. I also don't believe that I need to be "helped out". And I certainly don't beleive that my services aren't wanted because last week there was a post wondering if anyone had a pin case to she could buy. So here I am. No offense taken. I'll just post this in the "other for sale" forum next time.

Seems to me you're trying to make a few bucks more than you should on this product. You just joined here a few days ago and you have 8 posts and 5 are in this thread about selling your folders, 3 others are in the sale forum about these same items. On the golf forum I go on you'd be labled a troll and told to make a quick buck on someone else somewhere else! I don't think they are worth $30. If this was a sale thread I am not allowed to question price in, but it is not, it is in the open pin forum. I stand by my opinion that it doesn't really look like a $30 value to me. And I'll offer that opinion as a possible reason you have not sold any yet. You can buy pin folders at the park with nice Disney patterns and prints for under that amount.

I'm one of those people that posted I am looking to buy a pin bag but these just aren't for me I guess. Good luck with selling your folders.

I've spent more money buying pins from other members on this site then selling folders, you're right. Just ask DumboLover21 who I bought from already. And who cares how long I've been a member for, everyone starts out with 0 feedback in the beginning. I don't want to fill up this forum with negative bickering, I just wanted to ask if people wanted something made. They can ignore me if they want to.

I don't want to offend you either but in my opinion I am with markheardjr on this one. Based on the picture you posted it would not in my opinion be worth $30 either. You may want to make a better quality folder and post better pictures to entice more people. In my opinion, some people may appreciate it more if you added in cork board or the display foam boards into the middle of the pages to keep it from being so flimsy. Add a handle to it also (but then it would be a bag) and you probably have a better product. These are merely suggestions and I do not mean to bash you or your product at all.

Thank you for the good advice. I wanted to put a shoulder strap on mine (or a handle at least). I still wanted to make a Haunted Mansion one soon. I'll post pictures of it on my page when I'm done. I guess pictures of my current one don't cut it. Some people appreciated it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back