• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is this a counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a counterfeit?

mm5678

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at this pin recently, but I'm very bad at telling scrappers/counterfeit pins apart from real official ones.

Here is the back of the pin: it's from Disneyland Paris and was released in 2007.
I've checked the description on Pinpics and the back seems to match (i.e. there's no official pin trading logo, but PinPics didn't say that it had one, so I assumed that was a good sign), but the edges look a little rough to me.
I was thinking maybe the back is just like this because it's a little bit of an older pin and comes from DLP? Or I may just be paranoid lol, I'm not sure. :dunno:

As for the front, it seems ok. The colors seem just a tad different than what's on Pinpics, but otherwise I don't see anything major.

Any help would be much appreciated! I'm a little new to this. :)

ETA: In other words, I have no concerns/doubts by looking at the front. I was just wondering about the back! In any case, I feel fairly confident that this is not a fake. I guess I just didn't fully know what to look for in a DLP back, but I've got it now. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Do the edges look ok? I know it's hard to tell, but I was just curious. Still trying to differentiate between real and not, as you can tell, I'm a newbie. ^^

Do the edges look ok? I know it's hard to tell, but I was just curious. Still trying to differentiate between real and not, as you can tell, I'm a newbie. ^^
I can see what you're asking but it's really hard to tell from the picture with this style of Pin . With a mickey waffle back you're looking for the pattern not reaching the edge , but many scrappers have gotten good at faking that now too . With this style I'd be looking at the front enamel , looking for paint dips , colour mistakes etc

Hello, this pin represent Dumbo ?
If it's the one I think, I have it too, I'm watching tonight ,i bought it on the park in 2007 ^^

Got it, thanks.
I can see what you're asking but it's really hard to tell from the picture with this style of Pin . With a mickey waffle back you're looking for the pattern not reaching the edge , but many scrappers have gotten good at faking that now too . With this style I'd be looking at the front enamel , looking for paint dips , colour mistakes etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back