• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

is this a scrapper LE1000 princess and the frog pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this a scrapper LE1000 princess and the frog pin?

minniethegirl

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i picked this pin up at the pin trading event this morning and i'm not sure if it's a scrapper/counterfeit. it's pinpics 72831 and there is a scrapper warning on the description... but the picture of the pin isn't even of the pin! it's of concept art so i have like nothing to compare it to! lol. anyway, here's the pictures :)

Oi7XnmA.jpg

as you can see, there's a definite border to the pin and also some lines in the shiny enamel part? i'm unsure of its authenticity because a lot of authentic pins recently have these two characteristics... for example, here's my PTD from this morning:

jwpHkso.jpg

you guyyyyyszzzz, i just don't know! any insight is greatly appreciated.

Yes that definetly looks strange there...if you think it's a scrapper I collect them to teach my son about real and fake ppins so I would take it off your hands.i hope it's real for your sake though

Yes that definetly looks strange there...if you think it's a scrapper I collect them to teach my son about real and fake ppins so I would take it off your hands.i hope it's real for your sake though

i hope it's real too! i'm gonna ask some pin traders at the tables at disneyland next time i go, they're really good at determining real/fake pins.

Funny bit of a coincidence. I've been going through pictures on the internet looking for images of the counterfeits the Chinese factories are selling. I was working on pulling up the Pinpics numbers for an image that includes this pin. Here's the link, and a bunch of other nicer pins, unlike most counterfeits.

http://www.tradevv.com/chinasuppliers/cathy00112/offers-detail-90f87/disney-pins.html

I thought I'd post, because I know sometimes people wonder if there really are counterfeits, or someone being paranoid. Click on the picture to make it bigger, not on the link underneath.

However, looking at the back of your pin, the upside-down Mickey ears don't look entirely round to me, like they normally do on authentic pins. They seem like they have a bit of an angle in places, although I don't know if that's just a result of the photograph. Especially the row with the pin post, and the one below it. Also, the spacing of the ears seems a bit wider than they usually are on authentic pins, where the ears are almost touching the neighboring heads.

Last edited:
To me the mickey ears on the back do not look as full as on most real pins. I do not know if this pin is real or not but if I HAD to pick I would say it is bad for that reason.

Disney quality control may be lacking recently, but so far.. the pins either have a complete and even boarder or do not have one at all... Your pin looks like it has a partial boarder. Which to me would red flag it.

Last edited:
Funny bit of a coincidence. I've been going through pictures on the internet looking for images of the counterfeits the Chinese factories are selling. I was working on pulling up the Pinpics numbers for an image that includes this pin. Here's the link, and a bunch of other nicer pins, unlike most counterfeits.

http://www.tradevv.com/chinasuppliers/cathy00112/offers-detail-90f87/disney-pins.html

I thought I'd post, because I know sometimes people wonder if there really are counterfeits, or someone being paranoid. Click on the picture to make it bigger, not on the link underneath.

However, looking at the back of your pin, the upside-down Mickey ears don't look entirely round to me, like they normally do on authentic pins. They seem like they have a bit of an angle in places, although I don't know if that's just a result of the photograph. Especially the row with the pin post, and the one below it. Also, the spacing of the ears seems a bit wider than they usually are on authentic pins, where the ears are almost touching the neighboring heads.

I totally agree with you...there are mickey ears that are kinda hexagonal looking. Especially around the pin post, and the "limited edition" box there are a few there also. Her face looks kinda funny. I agree with that other person that the red eyes are scary. How heavy is the pin?

I totally agree with you...there are mickey ears that are kinda hexagonal looking. Especially around the pin post, and the "limited edition" box there are a few there also. Her face looks kinda funny. I agree with that other person that the red eyes are scary. How heavy is the pin?

the pin is of a really good weight, that's another reason i'm so unsure about its authenticity! if it's a fake, it's a REALLY nice one. lol!

I have this pin, authentic. I hate to say but mine doesn't have those borders in the back and the purple design goes all the way around. Also, the color of Tiana's dress is definitely different :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back