• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It's a Sword in the Stone Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Sword in the Stone Birthday!

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
So as many of you know, SitS is my primary collection (shocking, I know). And Merlin, in particular, is my favorite character (I can hear the startled gasps from here!)

Well, my birthday is this weekend and so far it's all been SitS themed! XD I got to see a very good friend of mine a few weeks ago and he gave me an INCREDIBLE present!

32d739f5c61648048f2b4745e8f66c70.jpg

This stunning Merlin statue!! I drooled over it when I saw it at the parks a year or so ago, but couldn't plop down the money. Well, he's a Cast member, so he snagged it for me and has been sitting on it for a while! And now it's finally mind and the perfect addition to my SitS corner!

5fe0acb5feda3380f576817b8d6ea442.jpg

0ee5c39cac3c07ec2b1cf463c4530e1c.jpg

Along with the Arthur pin Sara JUST zapped me (you can see him toward the top right of the case) and Merlin's signature card which she got me last summer, my SitS corner is just a well of friends and memories <3

But that's not all! On my last trip to Disney Springs, I went into the Art of Disney and they had an artist there signing and he had a print I just couldn't turn down. Not only was it amazing, but I had the perfect pin to go with it!

f9739b262f132a93c3f8e7bd7b0fa7d2.jpg

83d6680410acbe634478a9e4f5ac7bb2.jpg

So. Now my office is all Merlin-ed up!! XD I love it all, and just had to share. :3

Thanks again to everyone who has helped build my SitS collection. It's very much my pride and joy! <3

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday! What a fabulous SitS collection. I'm jealous! I'm a new collector and love SitS and Robin Hood.....Your display is gorgeous. Did you buy the case in a craft store or make it yourself? What do you use for backing and to mount pins? I have just completed my first collection and am working on the display with many questions.....

Cool statue of Merlin and Archimedes! Wow, you have a great collection of Sword in the stone pins and very nicely displayed! The print is really nice and you did find the right pin to go with it. Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! What a fabulous SitS collection. I'm jealous! I'm a new collector and love SitS and Robin Hood.....Your display is gorgeous. Did you buy the case in a craft store or make it yourself? What do you use for backing and to mount pins? I have just completed my first collection and am working on the display with many questions.....
Thanks! :3 I'm pretty sure this one came from Michael's. It came with some soft batting to go inside, and I laid a piece of felt over that for color. I find that felt is really easy to work with as the pins just go right through it, no problem. I put an extra piece of felt under the batting to push it all forward, and that puts enough pressure on it so that the glass holds all the pins in place. But it's much much too heavy to hang on the wall, learned that the hard way, hahah!

Hobby Lobby also has some awesome shadow boxes that I used for my smaller collections. :3

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Happy birthday. Love your collection and display. So nice to see collections in sight to be enjoyed and not sitting in a drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back