• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

JDS Initials Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
JDS Initials Series

Disneycollector4994

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
why are the JDS initials series pins so rare if they aren't limited to a certain number?
I know they were prizes but still I find it weird only few people have at least one
What do you think the value is for each pin?

There is no trading community in Japan anymore. At least not sanctioned by Disney.

And the majority of the pins when released are lost to the public, and even worse, most pins are about 5,000 made or MUCH less.

When there is a big set like an alphabet set given as prizes the pool, say it was 10,000 gets split among that set, so that's a little less then making the pins LE 400. These pins are given away as a part of games so anyone can get them, mom dad, people who really don't care. So most end up in the general publics hands, thrown away or in collectors collections because there is no trading community. So I'll be generous and say each pin becomes on it's own about an LE 100 or worse.

And it is much much much worse for pins that came out 2-3 years ago because people there now can see they can sell a mojority of them but then when the advent of pin trading was less about buying most just vanished.

There is no trading community in Japan anymore. At least not sanctioned by Disney.

And the majority of the pins when released are lost to the public, and even worse, most pins are about 5,000 made or MUCH less.

When there is a big set like an alphabet set given as prizes the pool, say it was 10,000 gets split among that set, so that's a little less then making the pins LE 400. These pins are given away as a part of games so anyone can get them, mom dad, people who really don't care. So most end up in the general publics hands, thrown away or in collectors collections because there is no trading community. So I'll be generous and say each pin becomes on it's own about an LE 100 or worse.

And it is much much much worse for pins that came out 2-3 years ago because people there now can see they can sell a mojority of them but then when the advent of pin trading was less about buying most just vanished.

Makes sense why Japanese Disney pins are worth so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back