• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Just Wondering.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Wondering.....

txmedic1

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm still fairly new to the community, and i was just wondering, who is responsible for identifying and numbering all the pins we love so much? who gives the pins their unique id numbers what we all use for pinpics? does disney give the numbers? does pinpics? does disney work with or own pinpics? just one of the great mysteries that i've been pondering.

It is PinPics. I believe the numbers assigned are the order they were added to the PinPics database.

Disney has their own pin website with a numbering system but it is very poorly maintained and noone uses it. Pinpics is input by the user and as stated the next number in line is the one the new pin gets. I've only added 5 or 6 pins so far though. I do get annoyed when people add a pin they don't even have and then there is no picture forever. I prefer to add only if I have the picture and it's not on there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back