• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Kingdom Hearts Merchandise and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! I got them. Here are close-up pics of the pin:

IMG_6804-1_zpsypzsctup.jpg

IMG_6797-1_zpsef4vgwxt.jpg

20160721_131037_zpsl4yeovgi.jpg

The pin and foam key ring looks nicer than I thought it would be.

Gonna kick some life back into this thread again! With the 15th anniversary of the franchise happening next year (and the possible release year for KH3), companies are going to start putting out more merchandise, and we already have a good amount of merchandise announced for the end of this year and early next year! (sorry in advance for the spam)

Monogram, who has become pretty well known for the 3D Foam Disney Keyrings, is making a set of Kingdom Hearts foam keychains! They are scheduled to release sometime this fall! This is really exciting to me, because KH rarely gets merchandise by western companies these days, and I never in a million years would have expected us to get a blind bag series!

Kingdom%20Hearts%20key%20ring%201.jpg
Kingdom%20Hearts%20key%20ring%202.jpg

For those of you that like small figures/statues, Square is making some "static arts" figures of the Shadow Heartless, Meow Wow, and Chirithy!

FIGURE-022746_01.jpg

FIGURE-022747_01.jpg

FIGURE-022748_01.jpg

Some other upcoming figures include static arts figures of Sora and Riku, a play arts kai of Roxas in the Organization XIII uniform, and a brand new 6" figure line of Sora in his KH3 attire!

SigmaCloud1474008564.jpeg

SigmaCloud1474008717.jpeg

SigmaCloud1474008224.jpeg

MasterSora1473915167.jpeg

This last one has been announced for quite a while, but we are also getting a standard Play Arts Kai of Sora in his KH3 attire as well! (For a whopping $150 apparently)

SigmaCloud1469038678.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh my Golly! These are awesome!! :D

I'm so excited for the 2.8. It'll be nice to play Dream Drop and BBS on a console!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Oooh those all look so cute and amazing! I might have to get that Roxas figure, he's my absolute favourite! Although the Sora and Riku ones look really good too, oh decisions to make...

If Disney Store makes some merchandise, I might pass out from excitement. I love KH so much! Although I dunno if they would as I don't know how their licensing fee works. As Square Enix owns KH but has permission from Disney to use their characters, locations, etc. So Disney might not have the rights to make merchandise with Kingdom Hearts on it.

:0 Wowza! I'll have to go for that Roxas keychain. Thanks for posting! Also, I put this in the pin releases but not in here: Hot Topic has a key blade lapel pin that is beyond cute!

10395826_hi

Oooh those all look so cute and amazing! I might have to get that Roxas figure, he's my absolute favourite! Although the Sora and Riku ones look really good too, oh decisions to make...

If Disney Store makes some merchandise, I might pass out from excitement. I love KH so much! Although I dunno if they would as I don't know how their licensing fee works. As Square Enix owns KH but has permission from Disney to use their characters, locations, etc. So Disney might not have the rights to make merchandise with Kingdom Hearts on it.

The whole deal with Disney and KH is weird. Square Enix handles the game development and all that jazz, but Disney actually owns all the original KH characters (Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc). So I believe they can make more merchandise of those characters, but for some reason they haven't? They just can't sell merchandise with Final Fantasy characters because those are Square's property. Idk its pretty odd lol.

All this merchandise, especially the blind bag keychains, really makes me hope that we see a bigger push for merchandise here in the west in the following year. I want a Disney Store collection SO badly, and there is money to be made there seeing gaming has become such a massive industry and these games always do really well.

The whole deal with Disney and KH is weird. Square Enix handles the game development and all that jazz, but Disney actually owns all the original KH characters (Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc). So I believe they can make more merchandise of those characters, but for some reason they haven't? They just can't sell merchandise with Final Fantasy characters because those are Square's property. Idk its pretty odd lol.

All this merchandise, especially the blind bag keychains, really makes me hope that we see a bigger push for merchandise here in the west in the following year. I want a Disney Store collection SO badly, and there is money to be made there seeing gaming has become such a massive industry and these games always do really well.

It is a tricky subject haha, I'll admit I'm not 100% on how they split the copyright/licensing fee. If Disney can make Kingdom Hearts merchandise then they should! I can only imagine the tshirts- I have a really fantastic Frozen tshirt and Cinderella hoodie, plus I've seen some really beautiful designs on other tshirts. But I think they're missing out as Kingdom Hearts appeals to a lot of different age groups (I'll admit I was 15 when I started playing the game and adored it within 5 minutes of gameplay) and has a pretty large fan base. They're reaching out to the Marvel and Star Wars fans, why not extend their market and try to sell to some of the gamers? If anything, they do spend money easily for the game itself and merchandise. I was recently at a League of Legends tournament (not my choice) and people were snatching up $60 jerseys like crazy! It's not like the tickets were free, either. Disney would be smart to up their gaming products, easy peasy to do since they already co-own KH which is fairly popular so half the work is already done haha!

Oh my life I'm so glad I found this thread. KH is my all time favorite game. Been playing it since it was released (I wanted it so bad my brother spent his months pocket money to buy it for me) and its slim pckings on the mercy here in the uk. Usually manage to get a few bits at cons tho

Oh man...all this new merch coming out. It's good to be a KH fan. :D

That Play Arts Kai Roxas in XIII gear is so much better than the 2008 version. I will definitely be getting one of him.

Love it! I do hope we get a collectors edition like we did for 2.5 though. I know a LOT of people were not happy that the limited edition only came with a pin instead of an artbook like 1.5 did.

As a tip: DO NOT preorder from Best Buy. That's where I pre-ordered for my edition of 1.5, and they screwed up majorly and gave me a regular edition of the game instead of the one with the art book. ): Apparently their merchandizing system did not have a distinction between the two editions, I'm still majorly sad about that. (But to be honest, I really don't need more stuff. And the pin that came with 2.5 is much more portable.)

Although they may have fixed this problem, I would still recommend pre-ordering from Amazon or Squareenix itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back