• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Circus Poster release

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Circus Poster release
They really are doing their best. They keep trying to change the rules to help with the chaos. It's not them, it's everyone that's not following the rules set up by DSF. If people followed the rules given out there wouldnt be all this chaos and stuff. Don't blame Disney for everything. It is not their job to cater to everyone's whim and fancy and have to hire people for all hours of the night to watch and make sure people ( who by free choice) choose to camp out through the middle of the night. They wish to do that that's their business but don't blame Disney and say its their job to always have someone on watch and update everyone ever second there is a change. That's not their job, they have enough on their plate. Please be nicer to the DSF employees. I'm pretty sure you wouldnt like it if you were constantly getting yelled at or hurried or bullied while you are at WORK over someone else's hobby. Please realize a lot of the employees there do not pin trade. They are there because it is there job. Thank you.

+100000000000

I felt this release went well...

I know of someone who cut in line last night and got their "voucher" wristband... The random draw gave them a number close to 200! Woohoo!!!

Me and my group, who arrived on time and were near the end of the line for voucher wristbands, all got numbers under the 150.

Woohoo!!!

over all a decent random draw. i feel bad for those who missed the number... but in general, it went well.

Maybe DSF should make every pin a Surprise Release, post it on Facebook the day of the release, so the first 150 people who get there are the lucky ones, no camping out, wrist bands or lottery needed. This may not be the best idea either but I think it would give EVERYONE a fair chance of getting the pins. Just a thought.

I think this is a great idea! And although I live close, I work 7am-8pm just about everyday so I am not just saying that bc I think I'd be able to swing up there and grab every release. Jessica calendars are a perfect example. never a line. Never any commotion, alway sells out same day. people who live in riverside, San Diego etc...can still make it there in two hours if need be. it gives people NO ability to presell thus eliminating this from the equation. Isn't this one of the major problems now? Yup! DSF try it for a month! See how it goes!

The person pranking everyone by giving a description of someone else who was in line (they've edited the post since), and telling people that they were giving away free high end pins, was also not very nice...

Ditto -- I agree with you.

Maybe DSF should make every pin a Surprise Release, post it on Facebook the day of the release, so the first 150 people who get there are the lucky ones, no camping out, wrist bands or lottery needed. This may not be the best idea either but I think it would give EVERYONE a fair chance of getting the pins. Just a thought.

I agree. When they released the Brave Mother's Day Pin...it was done with much less chaos. I would think DSF employees would prefer not having to deal with camp outs, bands, etc.

This is not very nice.

Not very nice....I'm not being nice by calling out the jerk who took a prank way beyond a reasonable joke? At least two people got out of bed and drove down in the middle of the night in Hollywood. Then made up bunch of BS to cover their behind when they discovered how much of a jerk they were being. I'm sorry but I do not tolerate immature punks who try to mess with people thinking they're being funny. When I say get a life ...I'm really saying grow up and start thinking about how your actions affect people. Please stop worrying about the poor feelings of the jerk and start thinking about the girl who drove all the way down there with friend/ relative in the middle of the night. What do you think she thought of the person the second she realized she'd been had? I'm sure something more harsh then loser came to mind. I make no appologies for the harsh words. The person who did this in the first place should know that they can't get away with stuff like this and should be embarrassed for trying to do so.

Last edited:
I rolled out of bed around 5 a.m. on a Saturday morning. The light poured in through the bent shades, shining bright on my pounding head. I couldn’t exactly remember what happened at the bar last night, but I managed to find my way back home.

“Must have been one hell of a night”, I said out loud.

Trying to find my balance, I stumbled into the kitchen and sat down at the kitchen table. I could hear murmurs outside my door.

“ Hey Brenda, did ya’ hear?! Some gal is giving away free pins down on 152[SUP]nd[/SUP] street! There even may be some PTD in it for us.”, said one of them.

What a surprise. I could hear their feet patter down the stairs and out onto the street like the cockroaches they were.

Never trust a dame giving away free pins.

I was in the middle of solving one of my biggest cases that would get me out of this wrenched town, but something told me that I needed to follow those two saps. I grabbed my trench coat, tucked my pistol beneath my arms, and flashed out the door before the two sharks could get too far.

Trouble was looming this morning, but I can’t say I didn’t miss it.

Not very nice....I'm not being nice by calling out the jerk who took a prank way beyond a reasonable joke? At least two people got out of bed and drove down in the middle of the night in Hollywood. Then made up bunch of BS to cover their behind when they discovered how much of a jerk they were being. I'm sorry but I do not tolerate immature punks who try to mess with people thinking they're being funny. When I say get a life ...I'm really saying grow up and start thinking about how your actions affect people. Please stop worrying about the poor feelings of the jerk and start thinking about the girl who drove all the way down there with friend/ relative in the middle of the night. What do you think she thought of the person the second she realized she'd been had? I'm sure something more harsh then loser came to mind. I make no appologies for the harsh words. The person who did this in the first place should know that they can't get away with stuff like this and should be embarrassed for trying to do so.

I wasn't there I just was reading the posts, I don't know everything that went down, I just saw your post calling someone a looser, I'm sure they did not mean for it to go that far, I'm not feeling sorry for anyone just thinking mabey you should pm that person and express your feelings to them in private and you don't need to jump all over me either!! I'm sure they are sorry too, I just don't think name calling is necessary.

I've been reading this thread since the AM and can finally throw in my 2 cents. I've tried following the rules at two pin releases and both times walked out empty handed because of others dancing around the rules...etc. It wasn't fun and really soured me to any release at the Soda Fountain. (Although they still have my business in regards to the PTDs, because at least I have a slight advantage living nearby).

Now I've said that an online random lottery would be the best way to distribute pins equally (similar to what has been done at Disneyland), but I've heard plenty of arguments as to why that isn't a good idea.

Since they've shown that they have no problem pulling randoms number from a box, they can't they just draw names from a hat?? For a 9:00am release, ask everyone to arrive an hour or so early, give them ONE official ballot, mark their hand with a big 'X' with a Sharpie, have them right their down their name and birthday, then at 9am draw names. If it's an LE 200, then the first 200 will get the pin and the rest can go home at least feeling like they had an equal opportunity. No more overnights, no more lines, no more wristbands, no more vouchers (well...kinda).

The person pranking everyone by giving a description of someone else who was in line (they've edited the post since), and telling people that they were giving away free high end pins, was also not very nice...

I agree that wasn't a very good idea, and wasn't nice either, your right.

I'm not going to lie but i thought that prank was kind of funny

next time someone says they're going to zap you your grail and then says "LOL SYKEEEE JOKES ON YOU!" I will think that it was kinda funny.

(obviously I wouldn't think it was funny at all... just *plain* mean... im just trying to make a point)

Last edited:
I didn't mean to jump on you, jrdnsmom; I'm sincerely sorry if I contributed to you feeling that way. I just wanted to point out that the Bongo person upset people; both people here, and the people who ended up getting bothered in line. (Again it's hard to tell because that person kept editing their posts, apparently.)

I feel like our threads shouldn't be used against people like that. I know we don't want namecalling around here either, but... I can really understand why the prank was that upsetting. I've never found jokes that involved laughing at someone else's unhappiness to be funny.

I didn't mean to jump on you, jrdnsmom; I'm sincerely sorry if I contributed to you feeling that way. I just wanted to point out that the Bongo person upset people; both people here, and the people who ended up getting bothered in line. (Again it's hard to tell because that person kept editing their posts, apparently.)

I feel like our threads shouldn't be used against people like that. I know we don't want namecalling around here either, but... I can really understand why the prank was that upsetting. I've never found jokes that involved laughing at someone else's unhappiness to be funny.

+100000000!

It's alright, I just felt, and i'm not defending one person, this is for everyone in general, we've all made mistakes, big ones, little ones, ones that hurt people, and most people feel bad after the fact and usually apologise, but how would you like it(not you Vixy,wink) if I stood there to your face and called you a looser! for all to see! it would make you feel even worse. I just didn't think the name calling was necessary, and yes I do beleive an apology is in order for those who jumped out of bed and raced over, I had no idea, I did not read through the posts very well. I know I am guilty of a pranking to far and I was brought to tears from the harassment I received, I was sorry before I even was harassed and picked on. I guess that's where I was coming from, but no it wasn't you Vixy making me feel jumped all over, hugs!

The prank was not cool, but calling someone a loser is not really good forum behavior. There's always a better way to say something. And the BEST thing would have been to just ignore it and report it to a mod.

It's alright, I just felt, and i'm not defending one person, this is for everyone in general, we've all made mistakes, big ones, little ones, ones that hurt people, and most people feel bad after the fact and usually apologise, but how would you like it(not you Vixy,wink) if I stood there to your face and called you a looser! for all to see! it would make you feel even worse. I just didn't think the name calling was necessary, and yes I do beleive an apology is in order for those who jumped out of bed and raced over, I had no idea, I did not read through the posts very well. I know I am guilty of a pranking to far and I was brought to tears from the harassment I received, I was sorry before I even was harassed and picked on. I guess that's where I was coming from, but no it wasn't you Vixy making me feel jumped all over, hugs!

you are so compassionate and it is incredibly admirable. i need to strive be more like you :) from a completely unbiased perspective (which you are, and i am definitely not lol) you're right that namecalling is not necessary. the person who did this backtracked by the end of the night, apologizing to everyone for leaving because her car broke down. i think they do feel sorry, but i wish the person who did this would stop being cowardly and just come out and apologize. it makes me sad that someone in this incredibly loving and generous community would do something like that.

I rolled out of bed around 5 a.m. on a Saturday morning. The light poured in through the bent shades, shining bright on my pounding head. I couldn’t exactly remember what happened at the bar last night, but I managed to find my way back home.

“Must have been one hell of a night”, I said out loud.

Trying to find my balance, I stumbled into the kitchen and sat down at the kitchen table. I could hear murmurs outside my door.

“ Hey Brenda, did ya’ hear?! Some gal is giving away free pins down on 152[SUP]nd[/SUP] street! There even may be some PTD in it for us.”, said one of them.

What a surprise. I could hear their feet patter down the stairs and out onto the street like the cockroaches they were.

Never trust a dame giving away free pins.

I was in the middle of solving one of my biggest cases that would get me out of this wrenched town, but something told me that I needed to follow those two saps. I grabbed my trench coat, tucked my pistol beneath my arms, and flashed out the door before the two sharks could get too far.

Trouble was looming this morning, but I can’t say I didn’t miss it.

I wonder if Noir will ever get to the bottom of this towns problems...

with this new PTD drug and his constant abuse of adult beverages It doesn't look like he will figure anything out either...

Looks like these dark streets will be ours to rule forever... Bwahaha...

Viva la Goons!!!

As someone who recently did a form of a prank with Maximus eating ice cream... I understand the fun in a joke... Whoever did it, planned it out well, as the people they described were there and it was their first time... Played perfectly into their prank... Every other person in line had a black hoodie on, but it just so happened one person had a friend with curly hair... Was it intentional or just a lucky guess... Either way I am sure it was not meant with ill intent, but as a fun joke... Heck I was comfy in my truck laying down reading the thread and I fell for it...

As far as those who drove down to meet this member... That's not bongos fault, they decided to go... I wish I could have met them while there, but I went back to bed...lol...

I understand this is a stressful hobby at times, but with a bit of fun and laughter thrown in once in a while, this hobby of ours would get beyond frustrating...

+1000000 :) and i dont think you didn't read posts well it's just some of them got changed a bit definitely agree with you though i just hope those who the prank affected the most do get there appologies but hopefully we can stop the name calling and we can all get a long :hug:

Last edited:
As someone who recently did a form of a prank with Maximus eating ice cream... I understand the fun in a joke... Whoever did it, planned it out well, as the people they described were there and it was their first time... Played perfectly into their prank... Every other person in line had a black hoodie on, but it just so happened one person had a friend with curly hair... Was it intentional or just a lucky guess... Either way I am sure it was not meant with ill intent, but as a fun joke... Heck I was comfy in my truck laying down reading the thread and I fell for it...

As far as those who drove down to meet this member... That's not bongos fault, they decided to go... I wish I could have met them while there, but I went back to bed...lol...

I understand this is a stressful hobby at times, but with a bit of fun and laughter thrown in once in a while, this hobby of ours would get beyond frustrating...

i wish we could have met you too. we were actually looking for you, everyone said that you had tried to find her! lol.

anyway, yes, fun and laughter is good, but i really wish someone (i.e. "bongo") PM'd me telling me not to come. it's then when it turns from fun and laughter to screwing with people :( we wouldn't have spoiled it for the people there--it would have saved me the gas money and gave us the sleep.

i wish we could have met you too. we were actually looking for you, everyone said that you had tried to find her! lol.

anyway, yes, fun and laughter is good, but i really wish someone (i.e. "bongo") PM'd me telling me not to come. it's then when it turns from fun and laughter to screwing with people :( we wouldn't have spoiled it for the people there--it would have saved me the gas money and gave us the sleep.

Ok that I agree with...

Like my post... After I heard that DSF was getting hit with calls, I posted the truth about the prank... But it was a bit too late, my prank hit the other pin collectors sites, Facebook groups, and text messages to many... Lol... But it was still meant in fun...

Oh well next time you go and we meet, we will have to do some trading and you can see all members are not mean people at heart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back