• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Lollipops mystery tin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lollipops mystery tin...

norlando319

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hi folks,

I traded recently, for a couple of the lollipops pins... I got a Minnie and a Goofy. I would really appreciate if anyone has a known good pin from this set, would you be so kind as to contact me, so we can do some comparisons? My two pins have the twin nubs around the pin post, and the words appear to be what is described on the pin forums, but I have a weird feeling -especially abut the Goofy, and I fear I may have been cheated!

Note the divot in the blue stripe next to Goofy's right ear, and the "brush marks" in the rest of the enamel - is that normal?
20140127_153849_zps6634c33e.jpg

Front facing, divot by right ear more pronounced, also see indentation in blue stripe near top of head.
20140127_153900_zps456ccf2f.jpg

Note rough edge, kind of a "lip" - almost as though the metal was poured a little higher than the mold...
20140127_154116_zps257152be.jpg

Oddly enought, the BACK, which is usually the FIRST place I spot counterfeits, looks really good! The text all appears clear, with no typos, and there are two nubs either side of the pin post.

20140127_153916_zps662c3851.jpg

Minnie looks much cleaner than Goofy, except for those brush marks... And is her mouth and top of her head supposed to be metal, rather than black?
20140127_153943_zps027bf8f4.jpg

Another more face-on view. Brush marks in the red.
20140127_153952_zpsf38c6a41.jpg

Again, the back looks pretty good, but not having an authentic one to compare it to, I may be overlooking something major.
20140127_154008_zps40aa4c38.jpg

From the edge, it looks like the Goofy, a slight lip at the bottom (or back side) of the pin.
20140127_154123_zpsa16ef859.jpg

Thanks for any help!

N

Last edited:
pdgurl - To whom did you send the PM? I didn't receive one.

Rainbow_Bubbles - thank you very much for those links... I would be very suspicious of the CHIP pin, because it appears to be missing the "L" in "LIMITED". My GOOFY pin has some paint issues, that make me suspect it's bad. :-( I was hoping someone had some they had purchased from Disney, and thus KNOWS they are good...

pdgurl - To whom did you send the PM? I didn't receive one.

Rainbow_Bubbles - thank you very much for those links... I would be very suspicious of the CHIP pin, because it appears to be missing the "L" in "LIMITED". My GOOFY pin has some paint issues, that make me suspect it's bad. :-( I was hoping someone had some they had purchased from Disney, and thus KNOWS they are good...
Yeah I thought that was strange to be missing a letter xxxxxxxx

It's really hard to tell. There is a scrapper alert on the set, and I've never seen the real set so I can't say how it differs. Concept art here: http://www.dizpins.com/monthly_releases/2008/wdw_march2008.htm
I'm not sure if mattolsen21698 is still around but he had them on auction in 2012 so he might have pictures if he didn't trade or sell them. IMO, I think the two you have may be scrappers, just judging by the colors and the edges look rough.

As djmetters said, I have yet to see someone with a real pin from this set, but the counterfeits have been out for several years. I would be REALLY surprised if you could find a real one from this set. I always assume every pin I see from this set is fake. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back