Looking for value of a Disney Auctions LE100 AP pin

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Uncle Eevee Gaming, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Uncle Eevee Gaming

Uncle Eevee Gaming New Member

0   0   0

Pinpics ID#35650 Disney Auctions Masterpiece Series #3 (Donald Duck)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We are looking to get an approximate value of what this pin is worth. Others in the series are currently showing on Ebay between $200 and $500, however this particular pin has not been available on Ebay for the last several months since I started to be interested in finding its value, and it also has the rare "AP" stamp. The only AP pin from this series I have seen on Ebay so far was listed at $1500 which seems a bit high to me. There is a minor scratch on the top edge but the pin is in otherwise great condition. I never had the original card back as I originally purchased it on Ebay in 2007.

2. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Was this one of the masterpiece pins that has scrappers?

3. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Yes, it is. And having a pin that you own being scrapped generally lowers its value. However because there's an Artist Proof stamp on the back, it's a certification that it's one of the genuine ones. The AP stamps really are for preference, and generally they don't add too much to the value of the pins - but it'll give you a better chance of selling the ones that have been counterfeited. I would say that because this isn't one of the most popular paintings/characters in the series, that it'd be more towards the $100-$200 range, but people might be willing to pay more if they're looking to complete an AP set/are concerned with proving their pin is 100% authentic.

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    479   0   0

I thought that the DA and DS pins that were APs had COAs?

5. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

If they've passed through multiple hands, the paperwork may have gotten lost over time (a shame).

As someone who collects DA and DS AP's and prototypes (in my Wonderland collecting theme), I generally prefer some paperwork with them - such as COA's or (as with one I recently bought) the original purchase printout from Disney and am generally willing to spend a little more for pins with such direct provenance.

That said, we AP diehard collectors are not a large group, so it may take patience to find the right buyer. But I expect a duck fan (Donald and fam) would be happy to add this to their collection as an AP more so than just a regular Masterpiece pin collector.

Price wise, as a DA le100 AP, I'd think it safe to ask for 25-30% over whatever the regular pin sells for.

6. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

I’m a duck fan and I’d snap the pin up, but at that value, I wouldn’t be able to afford it. The AP is usually a bonus to me, but if the masterpiece pins have been scrapped, the AP here is an even better bonus. So I’m sure a Donald collector would love it.