Marvel/Star Wars Hot Toys Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by chubs191, Nov 9, 2016.

1. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

I noticed there was no appreciation/discussion thread for these excellent Action Figures! Here's some awesome past releases:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have admired the craftsmanship of them for a long time, but have never wanted one more than I want this one:
    [​IMG]

So as a potential first-time investor, what should I expect when this figure arrives? Will the fabric be flimsy/fray easily? I know the actual figures themselves are pretty good quality, but I'm not sure about the clothes and accessories. Anyone wanna share their awesome figures?

2. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Nice thread idea! ^_^
    I don't collect action figures, but that Luke looks amazing! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

3. chubs191

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

I know! I actually saw him and several other figures at launch bay, and that's what convinced me to get one, should the moment ever arise. I just can't find many owner pics of these dolls... ehem... I mean action figures.

4. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Funny you should post this because I just saw some of the Star Wars ones today. They are amazing! Great likeness to the actors. The Han Solo one was particularly terrific.

5. JechtAuron

JechtAuron New Member

0   0   0

These are the elite Figures that are diecast in the blue box? If so then yeah they are amazing looking and if they ever get an Ahsoka Tano one I will be all over it real quick. I had to resist the darkside when I was in the Star Wars store and launch bay. So hard not to spend a ton of money in there.

6. Pxv703

Pxv703 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Huh?! Did Disney buy the rights to Deadpool? They are selling a Deadpool figure on the Disney store???!!

7. chubs191

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

Disney owns the merchandising rights to Deadpool, as the comic character. Because he's owned by Marvel.

8. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

I love hot toys I own a few myself: star lord , rocket, groom, 2 black widows(age of uktron version and winter solider version) Amber and baby doll fro Sucker punch and Tracker predator from predators. They are amazing figures and I have Wonder Woman, Scarlett witch, Armored Batman and Rey on pre order

9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Dancing Queen

0   0   0

I own a few and I love them! I have Winter Soldier (CA:WS), Hawkeye (AOU), Black Widow (CA:WS), and Amber from Sucker Punch. I'd love to get Harley and Scarlet Witch. The detail is amazing and they always come with so many accessories.

10. Esmeraldo

Esmeraldo Finest boy in France

0   0   0

Planning on getting the Civil War Cap for Christmas, I've always wanted some of these! To me Hot Toys is to Marvel and Star Wars as the limited edition dolls are to Disney.

11. punn

punn Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I have a bunch of the Star Wars ones and they are amazing!

12. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

13. keatalex

keatalex Doll Enthusiast

0   0   0

A new Guardians series is on the horizon! Hopefully I can snatch up Gamora this time. I love my Star-Lord, but then again I love my Chris Pratt.