• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

masterpiece series 1 birth of goofus

Status
Not open for further replies.
masterpiece series 1 birth of goofus

disneyfreak619

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hi I just got the Masterpiece Series 1 Birth of Goofus pin and on the back I noticed that one of the gavels is missing the handle , it has the head and disney but it doesnt have a handle , and its just one of the gavels . Has anyone herd of this or is it probably counterfeit ?

could you send a picture of the back - that might help to determine if it's fake or not. I don't think it has been reported to Pinpic as being counterfeited as of this date but there is always a first time. I hope it's not. too!

i dont think it was fake i got it from a person ive gotten many pins from and they assured me they bought it from disney but i sent it back because i was unsure if i would be able to trade it . it was heavy and the colors on the front seem to match up with the pinpics picture . but it had that gavel that didnt have a handle .

Last edited:
When there is a question like that-especially with the amount these pins sell for-I don't blame you. Any good pin seller should accept returns and give a full refund. I purchased a masterpiece pin once and there was a flaw that caused me concern and the seller promptly refunded my money after I returned it. I never felt that the seller was intentionally trying to con me but he really didn't realize the flaw was there. Plus, I, like you, actually felt the pin was genuine, but actually had a production flaw (even the real masterpiece pins can have them, I believe). Nevertheless, I wanted one that was "perfect" after paying for it.

Photo on 2011-06-17 at 17.58 #2.jpg
Photoon2011-06-17at17582-1.jpg
ok i took a pic its kind of blurry but you can still see it , its the gavel closest to the left edge almost in the middle . so find the center and go all the way to the left you can see a gavel is missing the handle . what do you think ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back