• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Metal color on Pin 82302: Keep on Tradin' Mystery Collection - Mickey Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal color on Pin 82302: Keep on Tradin' Mystery Collection - Mickey Mouse?

MrHappy

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have two of this pin, one is silver and one is gold. Are there different pins or is one a fake?

Thanks

There are fakes of this pin. You can usually tell the fake. It's thinner metal and crappy paint (dull, dips, ect). I have seen them all over the CM lanyards at WDW...along with several others from this series.

The 'full color' pins in this set are gold metal. The 'black & white' pins are silver metal. As was said previously, there are fakes of many pins in this series in circulation. The mickey heads on the backs of the fakes I have seen are smaller than the real pins (they do run off the edge with no border though) and sometimes the letters in the words "Limited Release" are oddly spaced in the fakes.

We are trying to complete this set and it is getting very hard to fing legit pins 'in the wild'. Even private on-line trades are running about 50% real - 50% fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back