• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My 17" Snow White Doll.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 17" Snow White Doll.......

Brii59

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've received a lot of help on here regarding any questions I have had about the 17" LE dolls. And I finally received my holy grail...... 17" Snow White!!!..... now I want to share it here. When I was searching the internet for pics and info on 17" inch Snow White, I wanted to see more.....there just aren't enough of her online REALLY, so I hope you enjoy staring at her as much as I do. I've tried to post pics here a million times, a million different ways, so I apologize, but here is the link to her photos on Flickr.:hsd:

http://flic.kr/p/dTkQ8f

Hi there Brii59! I noticed pics of your Snow White Doll on Flickr before seeing your new thread here. Congratulations! She looks so beautiful!

To post a picture from your Flickr account to a post here, click on the [Share] button to the upper left of your photo, then select [Grab the HTML/BBCode], then click on the [BBCCode] button, then select a photo size (if you wish to change the default), then copy and paste the text in the code box to your post here.

It's easy once you get the hang of it.

And once again, I'm so glad you can enjoy your Holy Grail, Snow White, the Queen of the Disney LE Dolls.

So beautiful ! Congratulations, it's a wonderful doll. I need it so badly in my collection, but it's so hard to have one when you're leaving in Europe !

Take care of this treasure , I am very happy for you !

Hi Brii congrats on finally getting her. She is a beautiful doll.

Does you doll's hair also get all frizzy? I noticed when I got mine it was a little frizzled but because the box is sealed I didn't want to break the seals to try and straighten out her hair. It's not that bad as the doll still looks amazing but the hair just looks a little messy.

Congratulations! Welcome to the LE Snow White club! She looks absolutely stunning! We should all post up one picture of our own LE Snow White dolls side-by-side to compare her hair, as there seems to be so much variation among the dolls. It should be interesting, to say the least! :)

Last edited:
No worries, ill take a pic when I can. Currently in the process of moving so she is packed away but I'll take a pic of her and post it when I can so you can see what I mean.

Hi Brii congrats on finally getting her. She is a beautiful doll.

Does you doll's hair also get all frizzy? I noticed when I got mine it was a little frizzled but because the box is sealed I didn't want to break the seals to try and straighten out her hair. It's not that bad as the doll still looks amazing but the hair just looks a little messy.

Hello, yes her hair is frizzy but she came sealed to me so I didn't wanna take the chance of opening her......the curl sticking out the side really bugs me, but the strand around her neck just ....UGH!!....anyway she will stay the way she is, I'm happy to have her either way......When I bought her on Ebay, however, she was said to have a flawless box, but there is some bubbling on the front of the box,not very noticeable, but still there, i tried to get a doll with "neat" and LONGER hair but with all the extreme and varying prices on Ebay makes it kinda hard to be picky. I really wanted a perfect box, but since she did come out in 09, I don't even know if that's possible.

there is a Snow White doll on Ebay now listed for $1500 that has Gorgeous and perfect hair, but at that price, its not an option, but I did want to buy that one

ONE more thing I was curious about.....some snow white dolls are posed to look sideways, while some are looking straight ahead.....all noticed from looking at dolls on Ebay that claim to not have been opened

Congrats!!!!!! my doll is on hold for me, I can't wait to get her!!!! A wonderful ebay seller I've bought from before, she is so sweet to hold her for me! and even dropped to price for me :) I have like 12 different Snow White dolls and I think the 17" LE is definitely the most beautiful one I've seen!

Hi Brii I will try and take a picture of mine and will post it on here.

it is possible for some of the dolls heads to be facing a different direction. When I got my designer Cruella her head was almost 90 degrees to one side so it looked really weird like an overdone head cock to one side. She was new so I am assuming that due to the number of dolls made when they are boxed their heads are not always in the exact same position.

Hi Brii I will try and take a picture of mine and will post it on here.

it is possible for some of the dolls heads to be facing a different direction. When I got my designer Cruella her head was almost 90 degrees to one side so it looked really weird like an overdone head cock to one side. She was new so I am assuming that due to the number of dolls made when they are boxed their heads are not always in the exact same position.

Do you have any air bubbles on your box? I've purchased a few dolls on eBay like this, mostly the earlier dolls, I wish I could explain it better but it looks like the outer film of the box separates from the cardboard, making the box lumpy, I'm wondering if this happens as the box ages?

ONE more thing I was curious about.....some snow white dolls are posed to look sideways, while some are looking straight ahead.....all noticed from looking at dolls on Ebay that claim to not have been opened

In general, that is a total factory thing. All Disney dolls are not 100% posed exactly the same way at the factory. Heads in particular can be turned or tilted more on some than others. In addition, especially with eBay auctions, you don't know if the doll may have had the box opened and she may have been readjusted or not (except for LE Snow White, since the packaging does originally have the seal stickers).

Do you have any air bubbles on your box? I've purchased a few dolls on eBay like this, mostly the earlier dolls, I wish I could explain it better but it looks like the outer film of the box separates from the cardboard, making the box lumpy, I'm wondering if this happens as the box ages?

Of all of my LE dolls, only LE Snow White and LE blonde Rapunzel have the type "bubbling" that your LE Snow White has. I can't say 100% for certain if this is an age thing or not, since I bought both dolls second-hand, but I place the blame on the factory. The design of the box is actually a huge sticker that is wrapped around the cardboard box lids (you can see the sticky ends on the insides of the box lids), so if the person who was applying the adhesive design onto the box lid was not careful, it causes the air pocket bubbles, similar to what happens with a bad car window tinting job.

Congrats!!!!!! my doll is on hold for me, I can't wait to get her!!!! A wonderful ebay seller I've bought from before, she is so sweet to hold her for me! and even dropped to price for me :) I have like 12 different Snow White dolls and I think the 17" LE is definitely the most beautiful one I've seen!

Oh, congratulations on securing a LE Snow White as well! It's always so wonderful to hear that so many people are getting their grail dolls! :)

My Snow White is packed away so I won't be able to check now but when I move I can unpack it and check it and get back to you. But last I recall I did not notice any air bubbles on my box, but I will double check and get back to you.

Original condition and photos of my 17'' LE Snow White Doll

Here's some information and photos of my LE Snow White, so she can be compared to yours. I bought her in December 2011. She also came with the Diamond Edition Blu-Ray/DVD of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and also a lithograph of an original poster of the movie.

She did have some stray hairs (two of them across her face), but otherwise her hair was neat, and without frizzies. She was facing straight ahead, so her head position differs for yours. The box was sealed, so I knew it was an unopened box. The box itself was in perfect condition. I broke the seals (since I am a deboxer), and the first thing I did was fix the stray hairs. But the real reason I deboxed her (and my other dolls) was to see her outfit unbound from the factory restraints, and also see features that are not visible when she is boxed. Plus I wanted to pose her with other deboxed dolls, especially of the same line. So here a few photos of her boxed (with the stray hairs), and then fully deboxed.

Snow White Limited Edition 17'' Doll - Boxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Snow White Limited Edition 17'' Doll - Boxed - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Snow White Limited Edition 17'' Doll - Boxed - Lying Down Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Snow White Limited Edition 17'' Doll (Disney Store) Deboxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Snow White - 2009 Disney Store Collectible 17'' Doll - The Promo Pose - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Snow White - 2009 Disney Store Collectible 17'' Doll - The Promo Pose - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of my LE Snow White. :) I bought her second-hand on eBay, and though she was still firmly attached to the cardboard backing, the seals had been removed by the previous owner, so I have no idea if they adjusted anything with her from the exact pose that they had originally obtained her.

You can see in the first pic, that the adhesive box design layer has a major wrinkle at the top in the front. The picture does not show the more minor air bubbles along the bottom edge of the front oval window opening.

I really like how my doll's hair is, though again, I have no way of telling if that was how she was produced at the factory or not. By comparison to DRJ1828's doll, the Disney stop-motion video, and the original stock photos for the doll, I actually do not think that the way my doll's hair turned out was quite what Disney had intended, but I love the way it looks. To me, it makes her look a bit more mature, which does match the slim silhouette of her Empire-waist gown.

Snow White 0224 - 01
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Snow White 0224 - 02
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Snow White 0224 - 03
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Snow White 0224 - 04 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Snow White 0224 - 07 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Shivatopia, I love how your doll's hair looks. It appears that her hair is longer than mine (and most other LE Snow White dolls), and has been styled differently. As you say, it makes her more mature looking. Maybe she went to a beauty salon and got extensions. LOL.

That's awesome that you got her. I remember how excited I was when I received mine.

So this one's mine. I also bought her second hand from someone in Europe, so it actually has the Europe price tag which is not really noteworthy but I thought I'd mention it anyway :). Her hair is a little messed up, but I don't want to break the seals to fix it. Nevertheless, I'm really pleased I have her. I'm so curious as to what her certificate number is....

These dolls are gorgeous! I want this doll so bad. This is the only doll I really want. Maybe I can convince my parents to give me her for graduation next year. One day, I will own this doll. She is just breathtakingly beautiful.

glad you got her, wish i could say the say the same. i got one from ebay at a good price (well the best i thought im gonna get from the sharks) until i went to pick it up from the parcel company today and they told me they declared it way more than what i paid for it!!! i know i was expecting a little customs charging but to get them to hand her over i will have to pay another £150/$230 !!!!!! im so gutted i cant think of what to do?! do i bite the bullet and put it on my credit card because i want her so much or do i point blank refuse???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back