• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Doll Collection :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Doll Collection :)

PrincessBecky

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Now that "doll season" is over for the year I thought I would show everyone my current collection. I turned one of our guest rooms into my "Disney Room"...enjoy! :)

w9x2h7R.jpg

ox97lFE.jpg

0dIpGIO.jpg

Beautiful! I like the idea of displaying the boxes next to the dolls. I don't think I have enough shelf space to pull it off myself, but it's an awesome idea.

Looks lovely, I always wonder what people do with the slipcovers, I would love to have the space to do the same, I wish I could flatten mine to store away because I have major space issue and I just don't know what to do with them and I don't want to keep the dolls covered up.

One of the most beautiful collections I have seen! Love that you display the slip covers with the dolls. And it doesn't look cluttered or messy it looks very organised and classy! I would love to have the space to have that many dolls and to be able to display them like yours. Maybe one day! Love it!

Impressive collection! Now i am jealous, haha.
Very well displayed, would love to stay in your room forever!

Looks amazing and agree its one of the best I've seen. I agree with others, I love how you've displayed the slip cases too.

I bet you have a little shudder when you look round the room and remember how much those dolls are worth collectively!!

Have you got all the numbers written down? I'd love to hear which ones you have, just out of curiosity!

I love how you can sit on the love seat and just enjoy the splendor of all the beautiful dolls. *sigh*

Just wonderful! This is the nicest doll display I have seen. It appears so well organized and not cluttered. It is just beautiful.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much everyone! :)

Most of these dolls sat in a closet for the longest time because I didn't know what to do with them. I didn't want to display them in a way that looked too juvenile or "tacky". Luckily we have three guest rooms so I convinced my husband to let me turn our smallest guest room into my "Disney room". Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Disney and have acquired a ton of collectables throughout the years, but I wanted my house to look "normal" and keep all of my Disney stuff contained to one room.

It was also hard finding affordable bookcases that had adjustable shelves. Most bookcases I liked had fixed shelves and would not fit the 17" dolls. I was in Ikea one day and stumbled upon the Billy Bookcase...if you don't mind alternating between the 17" dolls and the 12" dolls on the shelves these bookcases fit these dolls PERFECTLY! The middle shelf is fixed but the others are adjustable. And they were only $60 per bookcase. :) They can fit two 17" dolls per shelf, or 4 12" dolls per shelf...but since I don't need the space right now I put the slipcovers next to the 12" dolls.

The room is a work-in-progress and I still want to frame a bunch of my pins and put them on the wall space behind the shelves and daybed (and on the wall that is not pictured, which currently has nothing on it).

In two weeks we are having a bunch of people stay with us for the weekend and it will be the first time someone will be sleeping in that room since I put the dolls in there...I hope they aren't scared with all of my dolls staring at them! LOL

I bet you have a little shudder when you look round the room and remember how much those dolls are worth collectively!!

Yes...yes I do. :)

Luckily I have been able to get most of these dolls at retail. All of the original Designers, all of the Fairytale couples, and all of the 17" dolls starting with Wedding Rapunzel were purchased at retail. I also purchased 17" Purple Rapunzel, Belle, and Tiana before their prices skyrocketed. The most I have ever spent on a doll was Silver Cinderella for $400 shortly after she came out.

I traded a bunch of HTF pins for 17" Alice back when she was selling in the $600-ish range...otherwise I wouldn't have her.

The only doll that I still want is 17" Snow White...I just can't justify paying over $1000 for a doll. Hopefully one day I will have her (I am thinking of selling some pins so I can purchase her) and I will feel like my collection is "complete". :)

Have you got all the numbers written down? I'd love to hear which ones you have, just out of curiosity!

I just did this the other day actually! Now I don't have to open the 17" dolls again...sometimes it can be a pain to put the clear cover back on and I am always afraid I am going to dent them or something.

Designer Collection

-Silver Cinderella: 98 of 250
-Snow White: 4582 of 6000
-Cinderella: 739 of 8000
-Aurora: 585 of 4000
-Ariel: 3275 of 8000
-Belle: 3280 of 8000
-Jasmine: 5574 of 6000
-Pocahontas: 1094 of 4000
-Mulan: 3669 of 6000
-Tiana: 2665 of 4000
-Rapunzel: 571 of 6000

Fairytale Couple (all LE 6000)

-Snow White and Prince: 3457
-Cinderella and Prince Charming: 2480
-Briar Rose and Prince Phillip: 1248
-Ariel and Eric: 3191
-Belle and Beast: 3119
-Jasmine and Aladdin: 2532
-Pocahontas and John Smith: 2341
-Mulan and Shang: 2170
-Tiana and Naveen: 4673
-Rapunzel and Flynn: 3932

Designer Fairies

-Tinker Bell: 2413 of 4000

17" Dolls

-Alice: 370 of 500
-Tiana: 4278 of 5000
-Belle: 2347 of 5000
-Wedding Rapunzel: 2806 of 8000
-Merida: 3283 of 7000
-Merida and Ellinor: 1414 of 2500
-Cinderella: 2807 of 5000
-Lady Tremaine: 187 of 1500
-Ariel: 277 of 6000
-Coronation Anna: 480 of 2500
-Coronation Elsa: 4027 of 5000
-Snow Anna: 2418 of 5000
-Snow Queen Elsa: 701 of 2500
-Blue Aurora: 2930 of 4000
-Pink Aurora: 4420 of 5000
-Maleficent: 2801 of 4000
-Purple Rapunzel: NO COA...PURCHASED THIS DOLL FROM SOMEONE ON THE FORUMS AND DIDN'T KNOW SHE DIDN'T COME WITH HER COA UNTIL I OPENED HER. SHE IS PERFECT AND I PURCHASED HER FOR $200 SO IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME THAT MUCH. :)

Jealous of all the room! Am I missing them, or do you not have the Fairytale Mulan and Shang? Did not see them on your shelves.

I have them...they are now next to Briar Rose and Phillip on the top shelf. These pictures were taken a few hours before UPS dropped them off. :)

Looks really nice I hope to be able to display my dolls one day I'm missing quiet a bit, the most expensive ones but maybe if I buy one per year I can complete it LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back