• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My first broken pin :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first broken pin :/

Mickeyplutofan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Today while at work. My boyfriend texts me saying my pins on the mantle cork board fell and one broke. I ask for a picture but he said I can see when I get home.

I ask which broke and he goes "Hercules". The only Hercules pin I have is the Recollections one.

13ed852a566802dc72df872a8427c4bf.jpg

I don't know if you can see from the picture. But one of the spokes that holds the flip thing in place broke off.

I'm now sitting here debating if I want to buy a new one or just have a broken pin in my collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually quite like it separated :)
However if it were me I'd probably get a replacement , if you decide you're ok keeping the damaged one you'll have another trader and if you don't you'll have a perfect one .
Look on the bright side , at least it wasn't a LE100 DA pin that got damaged

Look on the bright side , at least it wasn't a LE100 DA pin that got damaged
#beentheredonethat #brokenposts #donthaveseveralhundreddollarseachtoreplace #gottalivewithwhatigotandbethankful

And don't get me started on the rare pins with missing paint or paint errors...

Be thankful yours is easily replaceable! :)

Maybe you should get another one, so that you can use the broken one to showcase the other side! I think that's the shame of spinner/ hinged pins; you have to decide which face you're going to display!!

These pins are so fragile. >.< Honestly, I would keep an eye on the bay for a replacement as it looks like they're starting to dip below cost. Just be sure to carefully examine the pictures (or ask for more) because these pins are riddled with paint and fill errors. :/ In all my pickups, I don't think I've found a single perfect one, not even my own. *sigh* But if you need help getting another, let me know. <3

~Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back