• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My (little) Haunted Mansion pin board

Status
Not open for further replies.
My (little) Haunted Mansion pin board

lwrn2

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I am kind of intimidated to post this picture after all the gorgeousness I have seen on this board, but here goes nothing!

Most of our pins are just on plain old cork boards, but I did find this little board with room for a picture on top and put some of my HM pins on it. I love the darker cork color (of course I have not been able to find another one since)

It sits on my dresser and makes me smile every day.

HM board.jpg (1).JPG

I never thought of that, but they do look like them, don't they?! They are brother and sister, Agnes and Viktor Dreary (made by Robert Tonner). Love Agnes because of the depressed look on her face (which is me most mornings, before coffee). I had them before I ever discovered pin trading, and then when I made this board it just seemed perfect to have them next to it, glum faces and all.

Thanks, everyone! I like the dark cork too. I found it totally at random when buying my kids' school supplies in August, at Staples or one of those stores. There were two and my 11 year old commandeered one immediately for Stitch. I may have to wrest it out of his hands by force! :lol:

Your board looks great! The pins' colors work so well with the dark cork. Now that I know dark cork exists I will be looking for it.

Thank you all! and Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura

p.s. If I ever see those boards again, I will post here! It was either at Staples or Office Max. We were there for school supplies and I was instantly distracted...

What a beautiful little collection! I prefer the small ones, myself. :) The big ones intimidate me a little.

P.S. I'm not a big fan of most dolls, but I love spooky cute ones like yours. I can see Agnes and Viktor getting along very well with my beloved Little Miss No Name.

4259681321_4e7ab2ff12.jpg

OK, *LOVE* your Little Miss No Name! And she even has her tear. :) I love that picture--she totally reminds me of the child ghosts in Coraline the way you have her posed.

Thanks for the nice comment! :)

What a beautiful little collection! I prefer the small ones, myself. :) The big ones intimidate me a little.

P.S. I'm not a big fan of most dolls, but I love spooky cute ones like yours. I can see Agnes and Viktor getting along very well with my beloved Little Miss No Name.

4259681321_4e7ab2ff12.jpg

really nice! The dark cork is a nice touch!

Really nice collection and pins! :)

Thanks both of you, mcedes and Lady D. :) I was so surprised to see this thread pop back up after all this time. I only have ever found 2 of those little boards, and I loved them! They were at an Office Depot on clearance, and have the cork but room at the top for one picture. My son took the other but I think it is time for a raid on his room. :rofl:

OK, *LOVE* your Little Miss No Name! And she even has her tear. :) I love that picture--she totally reminds me of the child ghosts in Coraline the way you have her posed.

Thanks for the nice comment! :)

Now that you mention it, I completely agree!

Nice board and dolls too!! :)

Laura
Very Nice!!You can buy frames like that and put foam as a background too,I was thinking of doing that with my Jack Sparrow ones
but I would have to buy a few of them to do so

Laura
Very Nice!!You can buy frames like that and put foam as a background too,

Ooh, have you done it yet? Do you mean, buy straight picture frames but put foam or something for pins to stick into behind it? (Clearly have not had enough coffee yet...processing time...slowwwwwwwwwwwwww) :coffee::coffee:

I was thinking of doing that with my Jack Sparrow ones
but I would have to buy a few of them to do so

Um, yeah, you would need a giant smackload of frames for your JS collection! :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back