• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Pins: Authentic or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Pins: Authentic or Not?

Milky

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hello ^__^/ I'm pretty new on the pin collecting scene. I recently found out about fakes and scrappers and when I traded my pins in Disneyland I'm afraid I had no idea so I think I have some in my trades, which is quite sad since it was the first and only time I bought and traded pins at Disney.

I finally got around to taking pictures of them so please give me your input.

Thank you so much for your time for checking out this thread.
Also please feel free to teach me all the pin-works for a newbie and being patient with me

Please click to enlarge :D Thanks!

Pin 68604: CM - MICKEY InspEARations Statue Mystery Collection (Big Cheese Mickey)

Pin 57273: Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack Skellington Holiday Mystery Collection - St. Patrick's Jack

Pin 75146: WDW - 2010 Hidden Mickey Series - Figment - Figment's Eyes

Pin 64833: WDW - Hidden Mickey Pin Series III - Mom With Mouse Ears
Pin 64834: WDW - Hidden Mickey Pin Series III - Dad With Mouse Ears

Pin 64832: WDW - Hidden Mickey Pin Series III - Cat With Mouse Ears
Pin 64829: WDW - Hidden Mickey Pin Series III - Dog With Mouse Ears

Pin 85546: WDW - Hidden Mickey 2011 Aurora Flower
Pin 87962: WDW - 2011 Hidden Mickey Series - Princess Flowers - Snow White Completer Pin

Pin 70395: WDW - 'Boxed Set - Disney Princess' - Aurora only

Pin 75144: WDW - 2010 Hidden Mickey Series - Brights Watches - Silver and Yellow

Pin 70892: WDW - Hidden Mickey Series III - Character Outlines - Pluto

Pin 75165: WDW - 2010 Hidden Mickey Series - Neon Mickey - Purple

Pin 66609: WDW - Hidden Mickey Series III- Map Icons - Character Meet Location

Pin 40487: Cute Characters - Piglet - Face
Pin 40956: Cute Characters - Winnie the Pooh - Face

Pin 44489: DLR - Cast Lanyard Series 4 - Classic Characters (Pongo & Perdita)

Pin 82371: WDW - 2011 Hidden Mickey Series - Orange Bird Collection - Singing
Pin 82368: WDW - 2011 Hidden Mickey Series - Orange Bird Collection - Happy

Pin 83469: DLR - Alice in Wonderland - Mystery Collection - Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum Only

_MG_3889.jpg

Pin 40554: DLR Global Lanyard Series - Mickey D Ticket/Tomorrowland

Pin 39227: DLR Global Lanyard Series (B Ticket)

Pin 39186: DLR Global Lanyard Series - Mickey/A-Ticket (Main Street)

Pin 68528: WDW - The Museum of Pin-tiquities - Disney Pin Celebration 2009 - Monorail Tinker Bell

Pin 40922: Dumbo - Spraying Water

Thanks so much guys!

Last edited:
I don't own any of these so I can't tell for sure but I can give a little bit of general information that helped me a bit!

There are many ways to tell, one way is to feel the weight of the pins and compare them to the same collection or set to tell the difference.

Another one is the Mickey heads, on the back of real ones they extend off the edge of pin back without any border; with scrappers, borders are usually seen at edges, even in the middle of the Mickey head. Some scrappers are perfectly copied except they have a dull color rather than glossy.

Usually the front has dips in the paint or is a flat solid pin without any raises in texture.

Most are off colored compared to what they should look like.

The back’s texture on a certain pin should be sandy or have raised type texture, but the scrapper version will not have these features.

Most (not all) Disney pins have two raised bumps or nubs next to the pin that attaches to the pin back. Scrappers are often missing these nubs or only have one. (Not all the time, depends on the pin).

Some pins have incomplete information (this is where sometimes I refer to pinpics to make sure the pin has the same info on the back (sometimes pinpics isnt that great for this) or I ask someone who has one, like you are doing now!) or the stamped logos/information is missing, messy, jumbled or typo'd.

Now those aren't "follow to the T else its fake" but they are good guidelines to remember when you encounter pins when no one else is around you can ask. But the best way is to ask someone who has one too!

It's also important to remember that most pins that are real often do have small paint errors or things like that so don't have to assume it's fake based on that right away.

Hope that little bit of info helps!

Last edited:
Oh wow, nice detailed pictures. Well I hate to say it but my own personal opinion (someone else might say/think differently - I am still new after all.) would be that they are all scrappers based on the fact that most of them the enamel has marks and cracks, the edges are rough. Some have colors/details way off from what they should be , the colors have brush marks.

If you read notes to some of the people made on pinpics in the links you posted, they listed the scrapper details to look out for and most of the ones posted have details that help determine, and all of your pins have something that's listed there =/.

Last edited:
@Nekov thanks for your input again! I started to compare them with the links and some of them such as Pin 44489: DLR - Cast Lanyard Series 4 - Classic Characters (Pongo & Perdita) is definitely a fake. I don't think the Dumbo one is a fake though since it came w/ it's original card and packaging which I threw away at the time cause I didn't now better :p

Last edited:
Sorry to tell you but a lot of them I know for sure are fakes. There the common ones that you see on eBay lots . I see a ton of those at Disney because people buy the lots and trade at Disney . It's just sad because there's so many out there

@Eric209 thanks for taking the time to tell me. if you could can you list the ones you know for sure is fake so I know which ones I can't sell/trade? Thanks so very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back