• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Tiny Newbie Collection! And a Few Questions? Warning! Big Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Tiny Newbie Collection! And a Few Questions? Warning! Big Pictures!

ElysionsPrincess

Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hi again~
So, this is my really pathetic cork board. Have you ever sean a cork board so empty? I hope to fill it up more soon! I've been to Disney World four times, but only this last time earlier this year did I start getting into pins. I got about 50 pins at a garage sale (for about $20, SCORE~), and took them to Disney World to trade with cast members and stuff. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know that some of those pins were very old and rare. I traded them for Hidden Mickey pins -_- (I have some serious regrets, but I learned my lesson!). I only have basic kinds of pins, really. No LEs yet! But hopefully my collection will take flight soon!

DSCN3055.jpg

DSCN3056.jpg

DSCN3057.jpg

DSCN3058.jpg

Some of my favorite pins:

DSCN3060.jpg

I love this glow in the dark Fantasmic pin! It was one of the only ones I didn't take with me to WDW from the $20 garage sale lot.

DSCN3061.jpg

DSCN3062.jpg

This 8 pin Snow White set is super cute to me! I love it. I like their size a lot!

DSCN3063.jpg

DEFINITELY not a rarity lol. But I love Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (A LOT)! I have three shirts, three plush, this pin, and a lego Oswald my boyfriend made me. I have to add a lot to my Oswald collection!

Okay, well that's my collection! ^^ I have two questions though:

DSCN3064.jpg

Is there any way to restore the danglies on this pin? :( I really like it, and I was looking for a replacement on eBay, but if I could fix it, I would prefer to just do that. Are there any companies that do pin repairs or restoration? I know that its an odd question haha. Or is it better for me to just leave it the way it is?

And then there is this poor dear:

DSCN3069.jpg

Is there any way to repair scratches? Of course this was the only one in the lot that got scratched. I like it, too, because it's the inaugural year. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for viewing! :D I hope to get some nicer pins in the near future!! <3

Last edited:
Hey, that's not pathetic at all! Everyone's gotta start somewhere. :) I like the dark colored board; it makes the pins really pop.

On that dangler one, do you still have the bit that was dangling from it, and it just came off? If you do, it's super easy to fix, just need jump rings and jeweler's pliers. If you don't still have the thing that's supposed to dangle from it, then I'm not sure.

Hey, that's not pathetic at all! Everyone's gotta start somewhere. :) I like the dark colored board; it makes the pins really pop.

On that dangler one, do you still have the bit that was dangling from it, and it just came off? If you do, it's super easy to fix, just need jump rings and jeweler's pliers. If you don't still have the thing that's supposed to dangle from it, then I'm not sure.

Thanks! :D I thought the dark looked cool too. And unfortunately I do not have the pieces. :( The piece that is missing just says 2000 Walt Disney World with Mickey and Goofy popping out of the 0s haha. The pin has really gone down in price on eBay though, now that I look again! I might just replace it. ^^

Nice collection!! I think im starting to like Oswald more everyday... I need to hold myself back, i dont need to begin another collection.

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear there is some more Oswald love going around!! If any of you have a Target, they have this awesome neon green and grey stripped Oswald shirt in the junior's/women's section! It's only $20 and I flipped out when I found it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back