• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Nail Polish on Bad Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nail Polish on Bad Pin

okiepinokie2

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was going through some of the pins I traded for off lanyards at WDW. I noticed a couple that looked odd (I got them in the evening). I noticed the color was off and they were very shiny. I saw what looked like brush strokes on them. Used acetone and it came right off. I was fooled by the shiny look to them... so many bad ones are matte. I am sure most here know about this ... but some of us that have just gotten back into Disney pins and new traders need to know this. It will not deter me from trading... I will be a bit more careful. Patti :wiggle:

THIS MAKES ME MAD THOSE SNEAKY SNEAKY LITTLE SKETCH BALLS!!!
tumblr_lu65u4BHqG1qed94ro1_500.gif

Thanks for the info! I will be trading with my kids in the parks and so I've been trying to teach them what to look for. I can't believe someone would go through that much trouble! I wonder if it was the shady seller or the person who bought the pins...

Completely disgusted yesterday when I went to LGM yesterday and some guy and what appeared to be his kid had two huge pin boards full of all scrappers and people were trading with him. What do you guys do in that situation?

Completely disgusted yesterday when I went to LGM yesterday and some guy and what appeared to be his kid had two huge pin boards full of all scrappers and people were trading with him. What do you guys do in that situation?

#1 Don't cause a scene. You want to, but just don't. My friend andy came up with THE best way to get rid of them ever. You just need a kid between 6 and 12! Obviously not everyon has one of these but I will a lease share the story.

Andy has a 7 y.o. daughter who just started trading. Andy is very knowledgeable about fakes but she is not so they have a rule; any time she trades, she must bring what she got to Andy to see if it is real. If not, he tells her to take it back and ask for her pin back. Now, he didn't tell her to make a fuss, but every time she gets a fake she takes it back and says to the trader in a very noticable, outdoorsy very well projcted voice, "excuse me, could I have my pin back? This one is fake." She doesnt care if the fake trader is alone at the moment(darn) or in a trade (awesome) or surrounded by potential traders (epic). She shouts it at the top of her blessed little lungs. Not only does the person trade back no questions asked but they are quite humiliated.

The best part? I know EXACTLY what trader you are talking about. About a month ago I watched Andys daughter do that to him around 20 times in a row in about an hour. Dude got so embarrassed and so pissed off cause NO ONE TRADED WITH HIM after what she did that he finally left.

Point is, fight back, just either have a kid or do so gracefully. If you can get them to admit they know they have fakes to you and a witness and you report them to disney staff, they will ask them to leave. Make sure people know what he is doing, but don't spread gossip. You better have proof or it can and will backfire (happened to me once).

Fight the fakers!!!

I was going through some of the pins I traded for off lanyards at WDW. I noticed a couple that looked odd (I got them in the evening). I noticed the color was off and they were very shiny. I saw what looked like brush strokes on them. Used acetone and it came right off. I was fooled by the shiny look to them... so many bad ones are matte. I am sure most here know about this ... but some of us that have just gotten back into Disney pins and new traders need to know this. It will not deter me from trading... I will be a bit more careful. Patti :wiggle:

That's a lot of effort to try and get one over in a hobby that's supposed to be about fun. Not profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back