• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need Advice: Lady Tremaine Doll or Tinkerbell Doll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Advice: Lady Tremaine Doll or Tinkerbell Doll?

TheDisneyFanatic

Servant of the Dark Fairy
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I am torn on two collector dolls that I want to buy. The first one is the 17 inch doll of Lady Tremaine that was released for the Cinderella Diamond Edition for $115 on eBay right now. Lady Tremaine is my second favorite Disney Villain and if they end up making a 17 inch doll of Maleficent for Sleeping Beauty and making a 17 inch Jafar for Aladdin next year, then I will have 17 inch dolls of my three favorite villains. The other doll I want is the new Designer Tinkerbell that will be going online on the 19th. Tinkerbell is one of my favorite Disney characters and Disney rarely does much for her in limited edition form. Lady Tremaine has a lower number, but her price hasn't gone up too bad, and Tinkerbell is a higher number, but this may be the only time I will have the chance to get her for the price they are asking ($59.95). Which should I get? I am very torn.:sad:

To be honest I don't think Lady Tremaine will go up any further in price, at least for the next couple of months, especially with the Frozen dolls commanding the public's attention only to be followed by the 2014 designers and the Sleeping Beauty LE dolls. Also Tremaine (whilst she is a pretty amazing doll) is not really loved by as many and doesnt really sit very high up many people's wants list.

So what I would do if I was in your situation would be get Tinker Bell first, that way you can get her at retail and then get Lady Tremaine later down the track. However if you are choosing one over the other then I would probably go with which doll line do you prefer collecting, the designer line or the LE line? if the answer is the LE line then Tremaine if it is designer then get Tink.

I'd get Tinkerbell:) Tinks is a very popular character and I'm guessing once she's sold out, you will struggle to get her at retail. And even though 4000 isn't as low in number as Lady Tremaines,4000 is low for the designer dolls- the villains were 13,000, couples 6000 and the majority of the princess's were 6 I think. So tinker bell's edition size is low for the designer series especially when taking in to account how popular Tinkerbell is:) Get Lady Tremaine after tinks as she is a pretty cool doll as well!

Since you want both, I would recommend getting Tink first so you can get her at retail. Lady Tremaine has been out for a while now and it is unlikely the going price for her will change anytime soon.

Thanks everyone for your support. I love both the 17 inch doll line and designer line so I was just so torn on what I should get. The smarter move would be to get Tinkerbell at retail and get Tremaine a little later on. Thanks again your help!

Yes. She goes online on February 19th at midnight pacific time. So that would be 3:00 AM eastern time if you live on the eastern part of the US like I do.

Indeed. If Tinker Bell is one of your favorite Disney characters, do get her Designer doll first before LE Lady Tremaine for all of the reasons given above. :) Tinker Bell has more mass appeal in general, so it is a great opportunity to try to buy her at cost.

Tinkerboy I hope you and everyone else who wants her gets to get her as well! I am expecting her to sell out pretty fast given her popularity.

So I am torn on two collector dolls that I want to buy. The first one is the 17 inch doll of Lady Tremaine that was released for the Cinderella Diamond Edition for $115 on eBay right now. Lady Tremaine is my second favorite Disney Villain and if they end up making a 17 inch doll of Maleficent for Sleeping Beauty and making a 17 inch Jafar for Aladdin next year, then I will have 17 inch dolls of my three favorite villains. The other doll I want is the new Designer Tinkerbell that will be going online on the 19th. Tinkerbell is one of my favorite Disney characters and Disney rarely does much for her in limited edition form. Lady Tremaine has a lower number, but her price hasn't gone up too bad, and Tinkerbell is a higher number, but this may be the only time I will have the chance to get her for the price they are asking ($59.95). Which should I get? I am very torn.:sad:

Where were you able to find Tremaine for $115 on ebay? I think you should purchase Tremaine first especially at that price, but I know Tinkerbell will be coming our at $60 so maybe you can have both:) Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back