• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need advice

YAY3!

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   2
So I recently bought the ticket for the love is an adventure pin event, only to find out shortly after that I can not attend the event. Had plans to go with my family, but they moved their vacation to October without me knowing.
So am I stuck with a $150 loss now? I called and they said it was non refundable unless it fills up. Bummed I can't go to the event, but even more bummed I'm out $150 as someone who just moved to a new place and is attending college. Any advice is appreciated.

What starry_solo has suggested is called sponsorship and is extremely common. The most common arrangement is that the sponsor (you) pays for the event and, as such, is entitled to full control over the RSP and gets all event gifts. The sponsored (the person who is going in your stead) generally gets a free event credential and any pins he/she trades for at the event along with any nonshipable gifts, if applicable (usually just food), and is responsible for his/her park admission, transportation, meals, etc.

However, this is just the convention I have found over the years. Some sponsors have wanted more, with varying requests. I strongly suggest you and your sponsor discuss and come to an agreement about terms of sponsorship (and shipping the merchandise to you afterwards - Disney only will send frame sets directly from the event) before you make any changes to the event registration to avoid confusion and misunderstanding later on.

What starry_solo has suggested is called sponsorship and is extremely common. The most common arrangement is that the sponsor (you) pays for the event and, as such, is entitled to full control over the RSP and gets all event gifts. The sponsored (the person who is going in your stead) generally gets a free event credential and any pins he/she trades for at the event along with any nonshipable gifts, if applicable (usually just food), and is responsible for his/her park admission, transportation, meals, etc.

However, this is just the convention I have found over the years. Some sponsors have wanted more, with varying requests. I strongly suggest you and your sponsor discuss and come to an agreement about terms of sponsorship (and shipping the merchandise to you afterwards - Disney only will send frame sets directly from the event) before you make any changes to the event registration to avoid confusion and misunderstanding later on.

No, dancecats, that's not what I was suggesting :) While it typically happens in a sponsorship (changing the name to the person who can attend the event), Yay3! is trying to avoid the $150 loss altogether and not get any pins at all (at least that's my read of the situation).

I don't know if the event has sold out yet so I would also suggest posting on Facebook. Even if you have to take a small loss by reducing the price, you might consider doing that as well.

Yea, I missed the part about selling the ticket and transferring the name. I just saw the proposed name transfer. My bad. :redface: Serves me right for being on the forums, posting, when I should have been asleep (stupid insomnia).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back