• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need Help Identifying These Pins ... Scrappers. Bootlegs or Authentic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Help Identifying These Pins ... Scrappers. Bootlegs or Authentic

tinkerbelle1956

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
I've had this one a long time . Have no idea what it is ... backstamped Disney China

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
trying to do my other ones, my computer is acting up

from pin pics :

Baby teddy bear with white shirt and pink bow. I traded with a cast member at WDW for this pin. Says Disney on rear.

These "Precious Moments" pins are scrapper pins sold to individuals directly from factories in China. These pins that have the (c) Disney on the back were made in error and were to be destroyed, however, they are being sold to individuals not associated with Disney or the Precious Moments Company.

If no one wants it, it's going in the garbage .

Last edited:
ummm, Judy, your package went out already . You will probably have it tomorrow . I put him in my small pin trading bag . Remind me in May . He'll be with me .
Now to the answers about these pins .

I can tell you off the bat the Pluto pin is a fake. Well. With the photo it's hard to tell. Is the Pluto pin large in size?

Last edited:
For Example. Both of these pins I have are HEAVILY scrapped.
But I have one real and one fake.

The Owl Silhouette pin is fake, but the Vultures pin is not.

The OPT Emblem on both are different. Owl has more of a pointed-border around the emblem, while the Vultures pin's emblem border isn't as pointed and the border is smaller.

Attachments

• DSC00508.jpg
    DSC00508.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00507.jpg
    DSC00507.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 106
Originally, Hidden Mickey pins were referred to as "Cast Lanyard Series" pins, and they did not come with silver Mickey heads. For the 3rd series at WDW, they started adding the silver Mickey heads, which made for an interesting situation. Some of the pins only had Mickey head versions, while others had non-Mickey head and Mickey head versions. The Pluto that came in this series, should have the Cast Lanyard designation on the back. This is [pinpics]36557[/pinpics]

Then, in 2006-2007 they renamed the series to "Hidden Mickey" pins. This set of pins were remakes of previous Cast Lanyard pins. Not all of them that had ever been made, but some of them. Some of them were almost identical to their predecessors but some were different in that they were smaller or had color changes. This is [pinpics]51444[/pinpics].

Both pins were legitimately released by Disney. But since these pins were released in the scrapper time frame, it is possible scrappers could exist, but I can't tell from your photos. But the different backstamps is explained by these were two separate releases of the pin, and in between, the "terminology" Disney used to categorize these pins changed.

The owl has a pointed-border around the emblem, and bald eagle pin badge border no points and boundary is small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back