• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Some Info Please

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A friend of the family, from when I was growing up, has been going through his house and selling off a lot of his belongings he has acquired over the years...

He found some old/vintage Disney items, and asked if I could help get some information on them for him. There are some old books, I only took a photo of one, and some records (78s) that he said are from when Disneyland opened, they were made to introduce people to the new theme park! There are five total, and they are made of cardboard with a plastic, working, record covering the cardboard. He says they are quite rare because they were only available for a year at most, and closer to six months?!? They are labeled as follows...
-Introduction To Disneyland

-Adventureland

-Tomorrowland

-Fantasyland

-Frontierland

If anyone has any knowledge on these or an idea on value, please contact me. :)

Thank You!

hey- so I collect Disney records and when I used to buy the book/records in lots, I would get them for no more than $2-3 each. There are a handful that will always go for more, if you want to send me a list of what you found I can let you know. As far as the cutouts go, they were from the Mattel Musical Map that was available there in the early days, but since they have been cut from the map, they are probably worth about $40 total. Could be more if you have the piece they were cut from, could be less if they are beat up at all. They are pretty cool looking, though.

I've never seen these before, so I don't know their value, but the Space Mountain record artwork is awesome and I would be interested in using it as artwork hung in my home if he's going to sell it. PM me if you (he) has determined a price and would sell it individually.

Thanks!
Melanie

hey- so I collect Disney records and when I used to buy the book/records in lots, I would get them for no more than $2-3 each. There are a handful that will always go for more, if you want to send me a list of what you found I can let you know. As far as the cutouts go, they were from the Mattel Musical Map that was available there in the early days, but since they have been cut from the map, they are probably worth about $40 total. Could be more if you have the piece they were cut from, could be less if they are beat up at all. They are pretty cool looking, though.
So awesome to find someone who knows something about them!!! :bowdown: I will definitely pass the info along so he can decide what he wants to do with them all! :) If they are not really worth much, maybe he will let me just add them to my collection! :x: LOL!
I've never seen these before, so I don't know their value, but the Space Mountain record artwork is awesome and I would be interested in using it as artwork hung in my home if he's going to sell it. PM me if you (he) has determined a price and would sell it individually.

Thanks!
Melanie

I will find out what he plans on doing with them for sure Melanie!!! :D I am sure if he decides to sell them, he would possibly be willing to sell the one separate! :)

Like I mentioned, some of the book/records might be gems, definitely worth looking into before he/you get rid of them all.

Like I mentioned, some of the book/records might be gems, definitely worth looking into before he/you get rid of them all.

I will definitely try looking into it more for him; I will have to find out what all the book/record sets he has because I didn't look through them all when I was at his house, he was more worried about the "Mattel" records. :)

Great! Keep me posted! :)

Thanks!
Melanie

I will definitely keep in touch! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back