• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need your guys help!

Disneylandforever

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I was wondering if anybody could look at this picture of Pin 77710 and tell me if this is a scrapper or not. I have looked at it for hours and tried to go over all the obvious scrapper notes. But I just can't tell if it is. So I need your guys help what do you think is it a scrapper or not. Any help is appreciated thank you!!

Here are the pictures:
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Thank you and sorry the pictures are huge!

Last edited:
The pin looks real to me. :)

I've often heard that two layer pins have hardly gotten faked.

As for it being a scrapper, I don't see any dips in the paint, or obvious scrape lines over the enamel. I also don't see any areas colored incorrectly, and there are nubs by the post, the connection between the top layer and bottom looks good as well. The only thing that might be something is on the R at the bottom left but that kind of just looks like a piece of fuzz or something like that?

I'm just curious what makes you afraid it might be? Did someone say something about it to you or is it just a general fear of a pin being a scrapper?

Just my personal opinion but it looks OK to me . Edges on the back look fine , no obvious flaws I'd be happy with it .
Also they don't tend to fake the high le pins as often unless they're super popular , a LE 400 is much more in demand for the same expense .

As Rvaya said, layered pins, ones with dangles, and 3d/sliders are a lot less likely to be scrappers or counterfeits. The pin looks good too me, i don't see anything that would throw up any red flags.

I was concerned because the seller had really bad feedback and some buyers said he was selling scrappers. He also had a ton of Disney Pin Lots and several pins that he kept selling which is impossible because the pin he was selling was limited edition 400! So I was kinda of worried about purchasing it. I did check though and it was the last one that he had and I didn't see the pin in his selling history so there were no scrapper duplicates of the pin so that was good. Just really wanted to make sure from fellow members that it was good! Thank you all for your help I did end up purchasing it!:wiggle:
Thanks again!!! :hug:

It's real :)

If you do come across any scrappers though, please add the information to the pin's page on PinPics* under 'scrapper notes'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back