• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New collector from Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
New collector from Australia

TheAlpacaQueen

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am Cassandra and live in Australia :D

I only got into pin collecting this year, the story is, I went to my local market and two disney pins were for sale! I bought them, and later discovered that pin collecting was a thing.

At the recent OZCC in sydney, there was a stall that had pins, but I was unsure of the authenticity (I did look up a how to spot fakes, but for now, i'd rather play it safe that sorry!)It sparked my love for pins again

sooo here I am :D (even though I made my account a while ago//nervous laugh)

I'm mainly gonna be collecting my fave chara's and series/movies, such as stitch, winnie the pooh, the emperor's new groove, and also just animal characters I like in general.

here's two I'll collect when they eventually make them though: BH6, Gravity Falls

I'd appreciate it if y'all sent me ebayers, shops or storenvy users that sell authentic pins, just while I try and learn the ropes of collecting pins :D

Thank you for reading~

Welcome!! :- ) I am quite new to collecting too, you are not alone! I'm sure you will enjoy it here and if you have any questions just ask :- )

Welcome to DPF! I'm new to collecting myself, and have found myself reading a lot of threads in the Pin Guides and Faqs section, and have found lots of useful information in there. I've also spent some time in the Pin Comparison section here, as I'm trying to learn how to best make sure that when I do trade anything, that I'm getting authentic pins in return. I'm finding it hard to nail down exactly what I want to collect, as there's so many different series (and new stuff seems to come out every week!) But the few pins I have, have sparked up conversations with other park-goers as well as with many CM's, and I even stumbled upon an impromptu guest-trading at the Magic Kingdom last weekend, which, while I didn't wind up trading for anything, it did give me a slightly better idea of how some folks work out trades among themselves. Overall it seems like a fun hobby (especially as a Disney fan), and this community seems like there's a lot of helpful folks to answer questions if you have any.

-George

Welcome! I'm Aussie too, but living o/s right now. Good luck with collecting, watch out it gets addictive! LOL it helps to narrow down to a few themes to collect

Welcome to DPF! I'm new to collecting myself, and have found myself reading a lot of threads in the Pin Guides and Faqs section, and have found lots of useful information in there. I've also spent some time in the Pin Comparison section here, as I'm trying to learn how to best make sure that when I do trade anything, that I'm getting authentic pins in return. I'm finding it hard to nail down exactly what I want to collect, as there's so many different series (and new stuff seems to come out every week!) But the few pins I have, have sparked up conversations with other park-goers as well as with many CM's, and I even stumbled upon an impromptu guest-trading at the Magic Kingdom last weekend, which, while I didn't wind up trading for anything, it did give me a slightly better idea of how some folks work out trades among themselves. Overall it seems like a fun hobby (especially as a Disney fan), and this community seems like there's a lot of helpful folks to answer questions if you have any.

-George

Thank you for all the info :D I will be sure to compare pins as well.

unfortunately I've never been to any disneyland//crai

hopefully I'll be able to go someday :'>

Welcome! I'm Aussie too, but living o/s right now. Good luck with collecting, watch out it gets addictive! LOL it helps to narrow down to a few themes to collect
Thank you :D wooh~ ooh nice :D i've never been overseas//crai

one day..one day!!

Thank you :D haha, I know with past experience with my other collections > v >

That's what I'll defiantly be doing :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back