• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Grape Soda pin question??

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Grape Soda pin question??

Stitch2814

#1 Kevin Fan
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Im a little annoyed with Disney right now as I just saw on pinpics yet ANOTHER Grape Soda pin is coming with the WDCC Carl and Russell.

http://www.thecollectionshop.com/xq...stID.8/qx/Disney_Collectibles_Detail_Page.htm

Im just wondering will it be an OFFICIAL pin trading pin as in have the pin trading logo on the back of it.

I dont know if any other statues have come with pins before and if they have, have they had the trading logo on the reverse??

just need to know any details as I may have to pre-order it which I dont really want to do :S

Hmmm... I don't know anything about these statues, but I can say that for me personally, it would not make a difference whether it is an official pin trading pin or not.

I would not pay $260 for a pin that there are already so many variations of. Now, if it was the only Grape Soda Badge pin ever made, I could see myself buying it.

Of course it's up to you, but taking into consideration that it doesn't even have a "safety pin" makes this version completely undesirable for me, personally.

I can not buy it with my DMR points! I am not paying $260 for a pin! And, it is an LE 1000! I need that pin but will wait to see if there will be a sale or a buyer buys is and thinks dam i payed......and ends up selling it for way less than original price?

With it being an LE 1000, I an guessing it will be around awhile. Take the Alive Event pins and Schulpture. That is a much hotter item and it sold out but at the end with an LE less than UP, they are return and people selling it at cost to unload it.

Im gonna wait.

Im a little annoyed with Disney right now as I just saw on pinpics yet ANOTHER Grape Soda pin is coming ...
[/me nodding] I thought the same thing! STILL no mailbox, but again and again with Grape Soda...yeesh. Don't get me wrong, I love the GS pin, but c'mon Disney, let's get something else going...Carl & Ellie's chairs, their fireplace, some scenes from inside the house...SO much more they could do. ...sigh...

A mailbox would be amazing!

ETA: My most wanted Up pin would be Tom the construction foreman, because I am trying to get one of every Pixar character John Ratzenberger has voiced. There's no school of fish from Finding Nemo, or Underminer from The Incredibles either.. argh!

Last edited:
i dont get why the grape soda cap is so wanted. Im new so mayb thats why. Can anyone tell me whats up with this pin. I had sumone talk of a trade for it. i didnt know what it was and said no. the pin they said was rare and hard to find. The pin that they sid mayb could trade for.. was a gift pin from CM. Cant b bought. and we wont trade it. when i got home ad saw soda pin on ebay for 425. i was like dam.. mayb i should have gave up the gift pin...not sure they would have traded or that it was real....

Something to consider, is that even though WDCC is "Disney", the product line is managed by Enesco, not Disney. The people at Enesco would be unaware of Disney pins featuring the Ellie badge. And if you were making a statue with Carl presenting the badge to Russell, then why wouldn't you have a matching pin?

i dont get why the grape soda cap is so wanted. Im new so mayb thats why. Can anyone tell me whats up with this pin. I had sumone talk of a trade for it. i didnt know what it was and said no. the pin they said was rare and hard to find. The pin that they sid mayb could trade for.. was a gift pin from CM. Cant b bought. and we wont trade it. when i got home ad saw soda pin on ebay for 425. i was like dam.. mayb i should have gave up the gift pin...not sure they would have traded or that it was real....

These are all of the Grape Soda pins that have been released so far, so it may not have been THAT one they were offering:
pin70628th72
Pin 70628: DSF - Disney-Pixar's Up - Ellie Badge - Surprise Release
pin72920th72
Pin 72920: Disney Store Europe - Disney/Pixar's Up - Ellie Badge - Grape Soda Bottle Cap
pin74263th72
Pin 74263: Ellie Badge Grape Soda Safety Pin - Up DVD Release
pin74902th72
Pin 74902: DMR - Disney/Pixar's Up - Ellie Badge - Grape Soda Bottle Cap
pin77495th72
Pin 77495: DSF - Grape Soda badge pin
pin79373th72
Pin 79373: Disney-Pixar's Up - Ellie Badge
pin79510th72
Pin 79510: Disney Movie Club Exclusive Up Grape Soda Pin Bottle Top Badge

It also appears in these pins:
pin74176th72
Pin 74176: DisneyStore.com - Up Set - Carl Fredricksen with Grape Soda Badge Only
pin78741th72
Pin 78741: DisneyStore.com Up Pin Set - My Adventure Book Only

The Grape Soda pin is popular because UP is popular. It is a heart-warming part of the movie, but really...enough already. I want the mailbox and the chairs, a hinged Adventure Book with a picture of Ellie and Carl in it, Ellie's picture from the mantle, the Spirit of Adventure, and many, many more. They are really wearing this one particular element out quite a bit.

ETA: My most wanted Up pin would be Tom the construction foreman, because I am trying to get one of every Pixar character John Ratzenberger has voiced. There's no school of fish from Finding Nemo, or Underminer from The Incredibles either.. argh!
That would be awesome! I was trying to do the same with John Goodman, haha.

i dont get why the grape soda cap is so wanted. Im new so mayb thats why.
Have you seen Up? :)

Its trouble enough trying to get all the other grape sodas that are out already, this is just adding to the anguish. Yet it can prove to be interesting how they will go because they are LE 1000!. Just have to wait and see how they trade or even sell for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back