• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Member-Large collection for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Member-Large collection for sale

Disney Pin Jim

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I am new to the forum. I am interested in selling my collection. Anybody have any suggestions on how I can get it appraised?

Aloha and welcome! :wavey:

Just to clarify, you're asking about the best way to assess the *value* of your pin collection, not actually *sell* said collection, correct? Once you have each of the pins identified, I would look at recent selling prices for each pin over the last month, ideally, but the time period can be expanded if a pin hasn't sold within that time frame. I mostly would use eBay but any venue where it sold and you know the selling price can work. I would discard the highest and lowest selling prices, respectively, as outliers and take the average of the remaining selling prices to get your ideal 'fair' asking price, whether in cash or trade value.

That being said, keep in mind that a pin's value is very subjective. No matter how you assign value, it ultimately is worth only what a person is willing to give up, whether in cash or trade, to acquire it.

I hope that helped - and good luck. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions; I'm fairly certain that someone (or several someones) will be more than happy to answer them for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back