• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

new pinpics is up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
new pinpics is up and running
Can you change it so you can view like, 50 or 100 pins in your collection, or wants, or trades? Because right now it only displays 40 pins per page and it pretty much sucks. No way to do a list instead?

I've sent out some; I got one reply (which comes to an inbox on the site; I got an email notification but the content wasn't in the email, I had to go to the inbox.)

But when I clicked the button, sometimes it said "request sent to x" and sometimes it said nothing. Also when I had multiple people checked, sometimes it said "request sent to x" but not to y (the other person I had clicked). So it seems like the trade requesting is still buggy.

So if you get a request, do you get an e-mail as well to tell you that you have a request, or do you have log into the new site to check? Also, when someone sends a request, does it get sent out right then, or still in the early mornings?

I'm not a fan. It is really not intuitive at all. I typed in search candlelight and I get 3 pins, but if you candlelight* then you get all of them. So you pretty much have to put a star after everything now? Crap like this happens all the time where I work. The "owner" of a process wants to implement a new tool but they NEVER consult the actual users to see if the tool is easy to use and intuitive. Doing everything in a vacuum never ends well. I find it incredibly difficult to search, view my collection, trades, wants, etc. and I STILL haven't figured out how to compare another users wants/trades with my own without reverting to the old site.

ok my brain is still fried after ROE---lost my voice and everything....FML this seems hard...ok ok I HATE CHANGE with a passion---maybe i'll have the energy to look into the new pinpics tomorrow...i somehow think im on the old venue is that possible LOL

ok my brain is still fried after ROE---lost my voice and everything....FML this seems hard...ok ok I HATE CHANGE with a passion---maybe i'll have the energy to look into the new pinpics tomorrow...i somehow think im on the old venue is that possible LOL
I heard somewhere that they are keeping the old site open for a bit and then shutting it down eventually, so we will all have to get used to the new layout unfortunately.

not diggin it--so im sure somebody can help.....ok my deal today

I went to add my pin. Jumbo Edgar from aristocats...didnt know the PP# so on the left side i put aristocats and 340 pins come up (and i dont like that you cant view 100 in one shot which was faster) ok so now i added edgar like i would have in the old search box and then all aristocats pins came up PLUS edgar pins from that other movie....uggg so i go BACK into the column and just put EDGAR and no pins came up? so i went into the old pinpics and searched edgar and in 3 seconds i found it and got the PP# took it and went to the new site put it into the bottom search by PP# and NO EDGAR FOUND? I dont get it--doesnt seem user friendly to me--very confusing

not diggin it--so im sure somebody can help.....ok my deal today

I went to add my pin. Jumbo Edgar from aristocats...didnt know the PP# so on the left side i put aristocats and 340 pins come up (and i dont like that you cant view 100 in one shot which was faster) ok so now i added edgar like i would have in the old search box and then all aristocats pins came up PLUS edgar pins from that other movie....uggg so i go BACK into the column and just put EDGAR and no pins came up? so i went into the old pinpics and searched edgar and in 3 seconds i found it and got the PP# took it and went to the new site put it into the bottom search by PP# and NO EDGAR FOUND? I dont get it--doesnt seem user friendly to me--very confusing

yeah, they made searching for pins different. You can read up on it here: http://pinpics.com/PinUniversitydetail.php?id=504

I'm trying to look up 2013 Halloween pins and when I type in Halloween 2013 it gives me every pin that has either Halloween or 2013 in the title. I shouldn't have to put +Halloween +2013 for just 2013 Halloween pins (and even then it still gave me things I wasn't looking for). It seems more difficult than it needs to be.

Is anybody else having this problem? When I send out a trade request the message that it sends the person is reversed. What I mean by this is the pin that I am asking for it says that this is the pin that I am offering the person and the pins that I am offering it says that those are the pins that I am asking for. Here is one that I sent out:

tbird offers jedimaster_nyc this pin: Pin 247 (DL - 1998 Attraction Series - Pirates of the Caribbean)
In return for one of these pins:
Pin 5706 (Pirate Goofy)
Pin 7089 (100 Years of Dreams #10 - Snow White Poster (1937))
Pin 7473 (Sedesma - Donald Duck Pirate (Yellow Scarf))
Pin 47701 (DS - Pirates of the Caribbean - Captain Jack Sparrow)
Pin 57921 (WDW - Hidden Mickey 2007 Series 2 - Crypt Ghost)
Pin 58223 (WDW - Hidden Mickey 2007 Series 2 - 13 Hour Grandfather Clock)

Now Pin 247 (DL - 1998 Attraction Series - Pirates of the Caribbean) is actually the pin that I was wanting but the message to the person is saying that is the pin that I want to trade (it's backwards) and the other pins that it says I want are actually the pins that I am offering to trade for pin 247.
(so the whole message is backwards) I sent a message to pinpics to see if they can correct this.

Ha, always the last to know! Ive been actively using the old site all day yesterday and today. Didnt even know the new site was active until I saw this thread just now. My first reactions were "horrible", I looked at the gallery page for all pins, and it just looks too busy. Would probably look better with just the pin number under each picture. However, when I look at my collection, trades, wants etc, it looks a bit better, less busy. Couldnt see how to do some things, wasnt very obvious, but thanks to some of the posts here, Ive been able to find my way around. Does seem more complex, Pinpics was straight forward, not sure if thats a good thing or not, time will tell.

Ah one thing I couldnt find how to do, how do we add information to a pin? I know moving forward new information will be moderated, but where do we input it. I see we can review a pin or add scrapper info, but what about other info?

Ah one thing I couldnt find how to do, how do we add information to a pin? I know moving forward new information will be moderated, but where do we input it. I see we can review a pin or add scrapper info, but what about other info?
I was also wondering this... We also can't edit our own listings we have added to pinpics. It also no longer says who added the entry originally. So, I am guessing that is now in the mods power to make the changes rather than community contributors.

I was also wondering this... We also can't edit our own listings we have added to pinpics. It also no longer says who added the entry originally. So, I am guessing that is now in the mods power to make the changes rather than community contributors.

I think we use that "review" section which I think it supposed to be like a mini forum for each pin. Just add notes, why you like it, nuances to the release, etc.

So far I don't see a way that you can do a bulk change of your owns, wants, and trades list. Just coming back from a trade event so I have massive changes to make and it looks as though I have to do them one by one in each section. :(

Dang,

I feel like I have so much to do to get caught up on online trading. Makes it seem like the newer online traders have more work to do. Then again, maybe newer traders probably have a better time since everything is new...again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back