• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!
Also according to Steven Miller there are 2000 boxes available as there are 4 variants of the LE pin! Limited 2 per guest!

Well that answers my question. Hm....

"For the limited edition 500 pins, there will be four variant pins (a pin with a similar design that contains a slight variation in color, etc)."

That's a big turn off. Making 2,000 pins and changing them slightly to make 4 LE 500 pins. I would lump them all together and call it LE 2,000.

I completely agree. But I guess we'll see how these variants look once the first box is released.

"For the limited edition 500 pins, there will be four variant pins (a pin with a similar design that contains a slight variation in color, etc)."

That's a big turn off. Making 2,000 pins and changing them slightly to make 4 LE 500 pins. I would lump them all together and call it LE 2,000.

That is disappointing. I would agree that plan essentially changes the LE size and by quite a bit. I'm still curious to see how the pins look, and since I wasn't planning to buy the first one anyway, my plan hasn't changed. But my enthusiasm is dampened.

Has anyone been successful in signing up for e-mail reminders? The DisneyStore.com website keeps wanting me to create an account, even though I am logged into my account when I click it?

Just noticed this update on the disneypinsblog:

UPDATE: (5/8/15) We have heard from a reliable source that the first Park Pack limited edition pin features Anna, Elsa and Olaf from Frozen! It is LE 500 with glitter embellishments and will be released on May 14, 2015.

$40 initially sounds alot, but lately alot of the OE pins from UK Disney are costing £9, the same as the LE pins. 3 x £9 is £27 which is the equivalent of $41.72. So actually quite reasonable, just depends on whether youre in the market to buy pins in "bulk". Seems quite fun that they will be mystery pins, and even better if the first released pins will be Frozen!

UPDATE: (5/8/15) We have heard from a reliable source that the first Park Pack limited edition pin features Anna, Elsa and Olaf from Frozen! It is LE 500 with glitter embellishments and will be released on May 14, 2015.

WOW! But, if there are 2000 boxes, does that mean different variations of the LE500 pin (colors, etc.) Or only 500 are Frozen and the other 1500 are something else?

All frozen

They said same design and small changes between. I think it's going to be like the magical musical pin variations

Oh, wow. So glad you guys posted this. :)

LOL I was all excited for these pins and am now a little disappointed knowing that it's not pins of anything I collect, but am happy to know I can save myself the 40 bucks this month.

We should sticky this thread so traders can post helpful tidbits about the upcoming Mystery releases only, like we have for PTD's.

Anyone who collects pins and doesn't live close to a park should be welcoming this. It may even open doors in the future for Disney Store to once again start selling limited edition pins. We would all at least have a chance to purchase pins directly from Disney.

What is the Disney Auction Pins panic?

Im a bit weary about the OE pins....I mean...we could be getting major junk

What I mean is that during the early pin trading era DisneyShopping.com offered Limited edition pins as auction or purchase it now. There were sets LE100 and individual pins le 100, le 500 or le1000 on Mondays and Thursday at a specific hour. There were pins sold out in just 46 seconds and there was no limit to the amount purchase. Of course there were people taking advantage of the situation and then resale for higher price; others for trade. So everybody was glue to the computer trying to catch at least one pin or one set. The big winners were Tinker Bell and Stitch.
It was kind of the same that happens with Disney Soda Fountain pins but more people competing for the pins. The faster the computers, the better.

I pretty much agree with what others have touched on...concern for the price (seems a little high to me), that the OEs might be less-than-stellar, and I prefer my mystery sets to be more along the lines of "here's the pins, you just don't know which ones you might get", as opposed to "you have no idea what you're getting". Even with the AP sets, at least you knew it would be a design we've already seen.

That said, I'm always up for new and interesting things, and if it's a feeler for Disney to see if they should bring pins back to DS.com, then I'm MEGA for it.

However, I really wish they'd change to a midnight EST instead of PST. I *just* got my schedule back to midnight, and now I'm going to have to blow it again. For someone with chronic sleep issues, that's kind of a big deal. And, really, 3 AM is too late to ask people to stay up...they have work and school the next day. It's sort of unfair (apologies to international peeps, of course, but ds.com sucks for international orders, anyway, so I'd be willing to throw you guys under the bus for more sleep) :lol:

*&%#$@

Some jerkoff stole our credit card number today...

Yay for having to change all our ds.com stuff on the day a release is happening. -_- At least we have another card, even if we won't get our points on it. I have no idea what I would have done if we didn't have a secondary card. Well, obviously, missed out...heh.

What a hassle.

I've been mulling it over for the last couple of days, and I've come to the conclusion that while I may be hesitant to buy one, it means something extremely positive to the trading community. I mean really positive. When I heard that they were including OE pins in it, I was turned off a little, but then I started really thinking about it.

For the last couple of years, ebay and reselling have been king as to what the value of our pins are. This is an acceptable habit now among fellow collectors, as it's the norm; but then there's the people ready to make a quick buck off our hobby. These people will be taking the biggest gamble of all when park pack comes out tonight: they will have no idea what's going to be in it or if they can make their money back right away. We could just theoretically trade the pins with people who want them, but a mystery is not an investment.

This seems like something DS put in place as an experiment as to whether or not it would increase trading, and to stop people from buying for resell purposes. I really hope the first one is something only traders and collectors would appreciate. That should be the wonderful part about this new adventure, it will be impossible to tell how well the first one is going to turn out until tonight though.

And Abyssinian I completely agree about the change time for releases on DS.com

I decided to leave it up to fate. No alarm, if I was awake, I'd try. I woke up at 12:48, so I'm here. :)

I am supposed to be on the road later today to Trade til you Fade, but I am here for this now, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back