• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Walgreens Villains Cosmetic Collection~!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Walgreens Villains Cosmetic Collection~!~
I saw these when I went to Walgreens last week! :) Obviously I have no need for any of these products, but I thought they were pretty cool! :D

My Walgreen's sure hasn't been cleaned out (any of them, for that matter). Sometimes I think I'm the only one in my city who likes the stuff I collect, cuz I never seem to miss out on it. :p

I got the Evil Queen look book, the nail polish set, and the Maleficent hair things. I'll give my thoughts on each one.

Evil Queen Look Book: I like this a LOT. I'm not a big expert on make-up, but I liked all the products in it (with 2 exceptions; I'll come back to those) and I think the colors in this set all looked good on me. The 2 things I didn't care for all that much were the eyeliner pencil and the lip gloss. I just never have gotten the hang of eyeliner in pencil form, and the gloss is just kind of meh. It's not terrible, but I doubt I'll make the effort to wear it much.

Nail Polish: I LOVE the polishes! Most of them aren't that unique, but there were some gorgeous colors that I didn't have, and they dry quickly. I'm currently wearing 2 of them (one layered over the other); I painted them on Thursday, and no chips so far, which is nice since I wasn't sure what to expect from such cheap polishes (12 for $10). The ones I have on look GREAT, and I can't wait to try more of them. I have to say this though: if you buy this set, I wouldn't recommend buying the e.l.f. holiday set; I looked at it the other day and noticed a lot of the same colors are in both sets.

Hair things: The hair things are really pretty! I like the regular elastic ones for sure. The "no crease" ones... they work well, and I will probably use them more than what I have so far, but they don't hold my hair as tightly as I like. I think that's just typical for those "no crease" ones though.

Overall... I don't know that I'd buy another one of the hair collections, but I'm VERY happy with the polish, and I am considering buying another of the look books (probably Ursula). :)

I went and just looked to see what my closest Walgreens would have. They actually had one Maleficent bag left and the Maleficent hair ties. The only thing they didn't have of Maleficent was her look book. I went ahead and bought the bag because I needed one and the hair ties. I do like the nail polish though so I'm considering buying that too......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back