• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Newbie to the pin trading fold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie to the pin trading fold

Fishyfins

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys :)

I'm a Disney fan and cosplayer from the UK, who was unaware pin trading was a thing until very recently. Id never heard of it before.

About 2 weeks ago, i got back from an amazing 2 week holiday in Florida, visiting for the wedding of a couple of good American friends of mine. I was also traveling with my girlfriend.
I have a lot of Disney collectors amongst my cosplay friends, so before i left i put a message on facebook asking if anyone wanted anything park-specific bringing back for them that they cant get hold of in the UK. A lot of them said they would like pins bringing back, which confused me but i thought nothing more of it and jotted down what they wanted.
Then when we got there, my girlfriend told me she was a pin trader along with the rest of her family, and had brought her pins with her to trade in the parks. She explained to me all about what pin trading was, and i was enthralled. One of our first stops was the pin trading shop at Disney Springs, and we spent a long time there looking at the beautiful pins. I was drawn in immediately and bought myself a few pins and a lanyard to display them on. I also bought some cheap sets in the outlets to use for trading in the parks.
When my friends arrived, it turned out the bride and groom were also pin traders and had their pins. The third friend got sucked in just like i was.

And so i returned to the UK 2 weeks ago, a brand new pin trader with an array of brightly coloured pins in my collection. Not a big collection, but its a start :) I am now here, looking at where to go now XD

Welcome to the wonderful world of pin trading and DPF, it sounds like you had a wonderful vacation in Florida! It's nice to meet you, and I'd love to see pictures of your costumes! :3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back