• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Awall

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am very very new at pin collecting! I only want to collect and possibly trade duplicates from mystery sets and such!

I appreciate all and any tips for storage with the backings, how to start collecting, and how to find complete sets (especially the older ones)!

Howdy! Mystery sets are so fun, and a great way to get traders. I store my backer cards in the plastic sleeves they make for baseball cards. Sometimes the cards are too tall for the pocket, but I just put those in the lower rows so they overlap the other cards and put the shortest cards in the top row. Hope that helps!

Hi and Welcome!

One of the great things about this habit ... er ... hobby is that it's highly
customizable to you. You can define your collection any way you see fit and trade, or not, as much or as little as you want. If you only want to collect, great. If you want to limit your trading to cast members lanyards and pin boards, that's perfect and a great way introduction to trading pins. If at any point you decide to venture into trading with other collectors, many people would be more than happy to trade with you.

In my opinion, the best way to start collecting is to pick a character/theme, or a few characters/themes, to collect (which you already have done) and start buying pins. You can buy pins many different ways, both directly through Disney and various online resellers (including here). If you want to acquire older complete sets, I think your best bet might be either secondary retail or attempting to trade for them - although whether through sale or trade, you'll probably have to get them in pieces rather than in one go.

Welcome.

I find pinandpop.com to be the best online place to trade mystery pins right now. Fastest Growing Trading & Collecting Database for Disney Pins! They have online 'trade arcade' events about every 5-6 weeks. The next one is May 18-19. It does take some time to get set up in their database so you can offer your duplicate pins to other traders. If this is of interest, set up an account now and start listing your traders and the pins you are ISO.

Not sure how 'old' your ISO mystery pins are... Pinandpop is slightly better at trading 'recent' mystery sets. Roughly from the past 8 years. But if you have a pin you are ISO from a set not on PinandPop you can add the listings.

Back