• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

No answers on pinpics??

Ok what gives have been trying for the last two days to login, but no way will it even let me sign in. This is just nuts is there any other way to log in if so someone let me know.. thanks :(

Sad to see what has become of pinpics. Really enjoyed there community but honestly its been too much. Constantly asking people to pay for certain status to get the site XY & Z and never providing it. I used to work in web stuff years ago and there is to my mind NO excuse for what they have done. Taking peoples money and then never providing the XY & Z they said the money was for. Constantly coming up with new excuses as to why at the last minute they "Loose" developers and can't launch the promised "improvements". Then launching into a new "we need more money to fix it" campaign.

As to the money they are making from the site via ad's here you go:
pinpics.com
10 Trackers Blocked
Tracker networks aggregate your web history into a data profile about you. Major tracker networks are more harmful because they can track and target you across more of the internet.
  1. Google
    1. googletagmanager.com
      Analytics
    2. googletagservices.com
      Analytics
  2. Verizon Media
    1. adserver-us.adtech.advertising.com
      Advertising
  3. 33Across
    1. ssc.33across.com
      Analytics
  4. GumGum
    1. g2.gumgum.com
      Advertising
  5. OpenX
    1. automatad-d.openx.net
      Advertising
    2. u.openx.net
      Advertising
  6. Facebook
    1. connect.facebook.net
      Analytics
  7. Adyoulike
    1. hb-api.omnitagjs.com
      Advertising
  8. AppNexus
    1. ib.adnxs.com
      Advertising
There's a list of the current trackers I could find just on Pinpics.com without logging in.
There is a similar list on there forum as well. The thing that really chapped my hide was when they claimed ownership off all the photos that had been uploaded to the old site which they had ZERO copyright too. Still have my account more for keeping catalog of my pins than anything else. I really don't expect them to deliver anything but what they have till now. But i have fond memories of what it started out as, and the family of pin traders i met there back in the hayday of trading.

I will take a look at the database you all have been talking about above.

Ok what gives have been trying for the last two days to login, but no way will it even let me sign in. This is just nuts is there any other way to log in if so someone let me know.. thanks :(
Try clearing your cache, this sometimes allows it to go back to logging you in.

I'd been using Google Chrome to get onto PinPics - with the triple banners showing on my desktop and the bottom banner on my phone. I recently used Internet Explorer because I couldn't log onto the site on either device. No ads were displayed.

NOW I can't log onto PinPics anyway, anyhow!!! :( WHAT is going on??

Is this a shakedown/prelude for everyone having to pay a fee/yearly membership to access the site??

$$$$$$$$$$

Right now I can't log into Pinpics, unless I open a incognito window, and then I have no problem, of course I get to see their ads because I now don't have ADBlocker Plus turned on.

$$$$$$$$$$

Right now I can't log into Pinpics, unless I open a incognito window, and then I have no problem, of course I get to see their ads because I now don't have ADBlocker Plus turned on.
Go into the extension setting for Adblock Plus and choose the option to allow in incognito.

well did empty the cache did not help at all, have rebooted it as well, sooner or later it will work!
I will hope for sooner rather than later for you.

It's odd... I will have a few days where it is impossible to log in and then some days where I get in really easy. There is no reasoning to it.

Do we know if anybody is working on the Pinpics sign on problem?

I emailed them via Facebook asking for an update, no response yet. Over the last week I havent been able to log into Pinpics at all, its very upsetting, its still a good resource that I would use.

Not to mention there's been no new pins added in a few weeks so not sure there's anyone over there at all

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I added new pins recently to Pinpics, but they havent shown up yet.

Sad to see what has become of pinpics. Really enjoyed there community but honestly its been too much. Constantly asking people to pay for certain status to get the site XY & Z and never providing it. I used to work in web stuff years ago and there is to my mind NO excuse for what they have done. Taking peoples money and then never providing the XY & Z they said the money was for. Constantly coming up with new excuses as to why at the last minute they "Loose" developers and can't launch the promised "improvements". Then launching into a new "we need more money to fix it" campaign.

As to the money they are making from the site via ad's here you go:
pinpics.com
10 Trackers Blocked
Tracker networks aggregate your web history into a data profile about you. Major tracker networks are more harmful because they can track and target you across more of the internet.
  1. Google
    1. googletagmanager.com
      Analytics
    2. googletagservices.com
      Analytics
  2. Verizon Media
    1. adserver-us.adtech.advertising.com
      Advertising
  3. 33Across
    1. ssc.33across.com
      Analytics
  4. GumGum
    1. g2.gumgum.com
      Advertising
  5. OpenX
    1. automatad-d.openx.net
      Advertising
    2. u.openx.net
      Advertising
  6. Facebook
    1. connect.facebook.net
      Analytics
  7. Adyoulike
    1. hb-api.omnitagjs.com
      Advertising
  8. AppNexus
    1. ib.adnxs.com
      Advertising
There's a list of the current trackers I could find just on Pinpics.com without logging in.
There is a similar list on there forum as well. The thing that really chapped my hide was when they claimed ownership off all the photos that had been uploaded to the old site which they had ZERO copyright too. Still have my account more for keeping catalog of my pins than anything else. I really don't expect them to deliver anything but what they have till now. But i have fond memories of what it started out as, and the family of pin traders i met there back in the hayday of trading.

I will take a look at the database you all have been talking about above.

I understand how many people are angry over this, I personally have never paid the new owners any money, so that side of things hasnt affected me. I used to give annual donations to the old Pinpics and always felt it was worthwhile. It would be nice to know where all the money has gone, and what they are doing with the money from the advertising.

Is it possible that Pinpics have blocked members from logging in, to protect us from the tracking cookies you are suggesting are present on the site?

"Is it possible that Pinpics have blocked members from logging in, to protect us from the tracking cookies you are suggesting are present on the site?

Unfortunately no. The site is on its death bed and the "owners" obviously don't care about it. Nothing has been added to the database for weeks and I really don't know if anyone is even around anymore to attend to the site. VERY SAD!!

I tried the incognito thing the other day and after three tries it worked. But, already "downloaded" my pin info so
there isn't a lot to do. This makes me very sad. :(

ok am not that savy on here but where is the incognito button on the home page any help

Depends on which browser you use. For Firefox, Ctrl + shift + P opens a private window.
Google Chrome, top right, the area with three dots, scroll down to "new incognito window" or Ctrl + shift + N
Internet Explorer, Ctrl+Shift+P

I am reluctant to say anything, but I have had maybe 70% success logging in this week using the regular Microsoft edge browser (no private/no incognito). (Now that I have said this out loud, I am sure it will stop working.)

I've had regular success this week incognito on Chrome on my computer even without clearing the cache....

I was able to log on with private mode in firefox just now. So its definately an issue with something there site is doing with the cache as this is what is done differently in private mode.

Back