• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Olaf Stained-Glass Suncatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is beautiful! If I could afford it I would buy it in a heartbeat. You are very talented and I love to see your work!

Wow, this is beautiful! If I could afford it I would buy it in a heartbeat. You are very talented and I love to see your work!

thanks, Molly ^^

unfortunately, no one seems to have the funds for it. this might sit here a long time without selling, or i might have to give up and go to Ebay

Last edited:
thanks, Molly ^^

unfortunately, no one seems to have the funds for it. this might sit here a long time without selling, or i might have to give up and go to Ebay

Honestly, I think you would have pretty good luck with eBay if you do Buy it Now or Best Offer or something. It's really amazing, and I so wish I could buy it!

Honestly, I think you would have pretty good luck with eBay if you do Buy it Now or Best Offer or something. It's really amazing, and I so wish I could buy it!
Thanks for that! I'd forgotten you can list that way. That definitely gives me more options. Buy it Now or Best Offer would be a lot better than an auction with a reserve price ^^ the advice is much appreciated

Wow!!! Once again as said on the other forum, you are a very, very talented person.

I thought you had already done a Rapunzel sun so would your auction be your second?

Also, have you thought about just auctioning several different options for patterns (not
too difficult or expensive) and letting your auction winner decide? (Silly mom thought). :)

I thought you had already done a Rapunzel sun so would your auction be your second?

an issue arose with that piece. I am currently remaking it with the purpose of having a pin auction for it, like I said I would. So, yes, it will be the second one I've done of that pattern. Dangers of being new to the art, I'm afraid ^^

Also, have you thought about just auctioning several different options for patterns (not too difficult or expensive) and letting your auction winner decide? (Silly mom thought). :)
I had not thought of that. It's not a silly suggestion at all. I have several patterns that would be about equal in price/difficulty. I could certainly do an auction giving the winner several choices to pick from

the trick is, stained glass takes a fair bit of time, so they'd have to be very patient with finishing the trade. Of course, they wouldn't be asked to ship their pins until the piece was ready to go.

but yeah, that's definitely an option.

Last edited:
OMG...I SO wish I had the money & I don't even really collect the Frozen pins. You've made an AMAZING piece here & I know our little nieces & nephews would love to see it hanging at our house. I'm going to start saving up...just in case. Beautiful, beautiful work!!

OMG...I SO wish I had the money & I don't even really collect the Frozen pins. You've made an AMAZING piece here & I know our little nieces & nephews would love to see it hanging at our house. I'm going to start saving up...just in case. Beautiful, beautiful work!!
Why thank you ^^ and ya never know ;) it hasn't sold yet, so it might still be around

Have you thought about listing it on etsy?
I have listed it on there, actually. No luck there yet, but it occasionally gets views

So sad that it hasn't sold :( I think it's just too expensive for most collectors as we all tend to see pin dollars or doll dollars lol. Maybe your next project could be a smaller or less time consuming design? I think if you opened it up for trade that might yield some good offers as well. There are a lot of members with a ton of pins but not a ton of cash...just throwing that out there because I think everyone agrees that it's fabulous!

So sad that it hasn't sold :( I think it's just too expensive for most collectors as we all tend to see pin dollars or doll dollars lol. Maybe your next project could be a smaller or less time consuming design? I think if you opened it up for trade that might yield some good offers as well. There are a lot of members with a ton of pins but not a ton of cash...just throwing that out there because I think everyone agrees that it's fabulous!

no worries ^^ i'm not depending on this selling instantly, so it's fine if it takes a while to sell.

and my next project, which i just finished grinding pieces for, IS going to be a trade auction. it's a rapunzel sun, and it currently is in the foiling phase ^^

I would love a small Pascal themed suncatcher if you ever consider commissions. Your work is beautiful!

thanks ^^ and i've actually been cautioned against doing many character pieces. characters, and logos, tend to carry copyrights from their source material. i'm not saying it's likely that Disney will come down on me about it, but they could. symbols, like the rapunzel sun and such things, are much safer. so i probably won't be doing any other character pieces, at least for the time being.

thanks ^^ and i've actually been cautioned against doing many character pieces. characters, and logos, tend to carry copyrights from their source material. i'm not saying it's likely that Disney will come down on me about it, but they could. symbols, like the rapunzel sun and such things, are much safer. so i probably won't be doing any other character pieces, at least for the time being.

That's smart thinking. I hadn't really considered that.

It is good to be mindful of copyright material but you should be ok as long as you don't mass produce anything. I see tons of people at conventions selling unique one of a kind Disney art pieces. Nintendo usually has a tighter grip on their intellectual property than Disney and they have told artist that they can sell Nintendo inspired art pieces as long as they make each piece individually, one at a time without a cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back